Weaning and portion sizes

julie ann

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im hoping for some help in feeding my nearly 12 month old.....( 7 days and counting) He eats everything ive tried him with except for jelly, my worry is am i giving him to much or to little. Doesnt matter how much i put in front of him he eats it, i thought he would push it away once he was full but after my experiance yesterday i know he won't (issues with beans, not pleasent haha) What does your little one's eat and how much?

Any help will be brilliant.

Thankyou

Julie ( mother of little James)

xxx

my son only 7 n half months but he has 7 oz bottle in morn 2-3 oz of that is used to make up brekkie, then he has half stage 2 jar for dinner with 2-3 oz juice with added water, then half a dif stage 2 jar for tea again with 2-3 oz of juice with added water then he has 6-7 oz for bed, now n then he may have a snack like half a rusk , or berry bar, or a rice cake.xx

Hannah's a little over 9 months old and been on solids since six months. She's actually not a very big milk drinker but gets lots of solids. I give her 3-4 things on her tray (small portions) and she eats what she wants from that. If she finishes one thing I try to encourage her to eat at least part of the others before giving her more of what she finished first (usually cheese in her case she loves the stuff). I've never had any problems with her over eating though there have been times I've wondered how she could possibly eat so much!

Caitlyn grazes all day and has 3 big meals! She eats a whole sandwich for lunch, a whole piece of toast for breakfast and some fruit too, then for dinner she will polish off a whole baby bowl of dinner and sometimes a desert too!!

She's nearly 11 months x

Thankyou to you all for replying. It has helped me out loads and made me realise im doing ok. First time mum i just want to do my best by my boy. Would hate to think im over feeding but dont want him to starve either although im sure he'll tell me so haha. Thankyou once again xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->