Weaning at 8 months

MissRhead

Reaction score
I started TW at 6 months and it's going well but I feel like I'm stuck at a brick wall now, we started on porridge/rice/fruit which he is still having, but he won't eat anything with even the tiniest amount of lumps in, he just gags and throws up :shrug: even if I blend home made food for him, or the 7+ month jars he gags on, I've tried to give him things like well cooked broccoli florets things he can easily suck on but he won't even put it near his mouth, I don't remember this with my eldest, anything I can do or will he get their in the end? :flower:

No advice I'm afraid. This is why I totally skipped puree's and cereals. We went straight onto propper food. My mother said I was the same when she tried to move me off puree's. I eat real food so I assume it corrects itself.

DS2 was really slow at weaning, complete opposite to DS1 who inhaled food from the moment I offered it to him, we started same time as you but I think he was 8/9 months before he really found his appetite. He would really struggle with any kind of lumps or finger food, but we just followed his pace and gradually his appetite increased and he got better with lumps. There's no rush follow their lead.

DS1 hated lumps, can remember asking everyone I knew what I should do. Just keep putting them in and one day he won't spit it out!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->