weaning from breastfeeding at 12 months. Tips!?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Hi ladies just after some tips on how to wean bubs off the breast? I will take it slow but should I start implementing it gradually now? Dd is 10 months 1 week old and is down to 3 breastfeeds every 24 hrs (4/5am, 11am and 6pm) she has meals first then breastfeed an hour or so later. She eats well and uses a sippy cup well too. Hates formula and bottles so wont bother just straight onto cows milk in a cup. Do i need to replace all bf with cows milk? She still sometimes wakes in the night and wants breast to resettle so advice on how to tackle this would b helpful too. Basically any tips at all would b great 

Gradual will be the key, I personally wouldn't cut down at all before 12 months but offer replacement in a sippy cup of your chosen milk if you do actually want to wean.
At night I'd probably offer water and cuddles starting from whenever you want.
Xx

Thank u. I didnt mean implement cutting down on milk now just the other settling techniques and continuing to offer more food before breastmilk etc :)

I always offered breastmilk before food until he stopped wanting it for while, so I knew he would drink lots of milk first thing but at lunch he wouldn't so he had food and I would breastfeed him to sleep for his nap.
I breastfed him to sleep for nearly every nap and nighttime right up to weaning and once we stopped bf (13 months) that just stopped with it too.

I think we cuddled and rocked instead for a bit, daddy went in to any night wakings ( very few) and once he could no longer smell the milk on me he stopped wanting to feed back to sleep and was happy with a cuddle and maybe a touch of water or milk from his cup/bottle. We didn't cut his bottle thing out til he was over 2, and again that was only hard for a few days.

This time I won't introduce that kind of teat but will go with a straw cup probably.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->