weaning/literature advice

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
My twins have been on rice for just over a month now. I've tried a few things like apple and pear as well which max loves!

What's the advice on weening in terms of how many flavours should you introduce, when do you introduce different things? How often a day should I be giving it? How much per session?

Did anyone get advice from HV? They're pretty useless around here and tbh I don't think they get micro prems but does any mummy have any experience of weening micro prems? Now not so micro tho! ;)

Preemies are weaned just as in the same manner of term babies. This is at 5-7 months of age (actual age regardless of gestation)

Traditional weaning (purees etc) is recommended as BLW(baby led weaning) requires motor skills a preemie wouldn't have.

Basically trust your LO and your instincts. Fruit purees are a nice safe bet. Introduce new things slowly one at a time so if baby does take a reaction you can narrow it down to the certain food.

Start off one week doing 1-2 spoonfuls of one meal after a full milk feed. If all is well, increase to 3-4 in another few days. In a week or two you can introduce a second meal, and so on! That's what I took from the hipp organic website advice.

You'll soon get some confidence about it!

HIPPs website has a downloadable guide but I have found it as a guidance but used it loosely.

yeah i agree with the above, we tried the savoury first Ellie fav was sweet pot and spinach, Ellie has an iron and blood prob so we need to get as much greens into her and one of her fav things (even though she now eats pretty much what we have) is pea puree I had a rule if I wasnt willing to try it Ellie wasnt getting lol xx

Sweet to savoury is often a hard one huh?! I found Ella's Kitchen to be great recently in terms of that!

yeah thats why I went from savoury to sweet lol but yeah for out and about the ellas pouches are great and taste good to specially the red one xx

wts! i tried to get advise off hv, but they are v unhelpful and will not give advise on preemies cause they arent trained in it!!

lol not a surprise! I've barely seen my hv just can't be bothered with it! long as my babies are growing well hv frustrate me with premmies at the best of times!

yeah they annoy me to Im quite lucky that Ellies consultant gave me his direct dial line and I call him lol x

yeah hes very good and cause he sees Ellie alot for her cerebal pasly and her cast adnw e are waiting to talk to him about hemihypertrophy he is always about lolx

Check BLISS website hun. https://www.bliss.org.uk/

I called them:kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->