Weaning my toddler - backfiring?

Calif

Baby was born 6/2013!
Reaction score
I'm trying to wean my 18 mo old due to a recent BFP and I think it's backfiring. He is asking for milk more enthusiastically and now will comfort suck for 45 min before falling asleep enough for me to unlatch.

I'm offering only when asked and trying to distract him before his usual nursing length. I give him lots of hugging and kissing and warmed cows milk and yogurt.

What can I do?

will he take a pacifier? that is how i weaned my 18 month old, as we had almost the exact same situation. I allowed him to nurse, but when he started comfort sucking i immediately gave him the pacifier and allowed him to cuddle on my chest. Eventually i got to the point where i would just give him the pacifier and let him cuddle, then i took away bare skin. It was a process, and when he turned 2 my second was born. While i was in the hospital DH had to put him to bed and that was the end of him needing me to sleep at night.

Good luck!

No idea. There's no way Violet would have been ready to wean at that point. She's 25 months old and going strong with her nursing despite there being no milk left as a result of me being pregnant. There was a point where she seemed like she was going to wean, but she didn't. Nursing while pregnant is certainly a bit of a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->