Weaning Nurse/Midwife

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an appointment with one of these? When i last saw my Hv she said at 14weeks a Weaning nurse would contact me to talk about coming to see me to talk about weaning ect..

Has anyone ever had this? if so what was it like?

Ive been booked in for this appointment since kyle was about 4/5Weeks old lol

I've not had an appointment but I went to a talk and the HV who did it also did personal appointments, which a friend of mine had, and it was essentially the same as the talk. She just went through all the guidelines, what's recommended when and what's not etc. She talked a bit about BLW but it's not Department for Health recommended so she's not really allowed to plug it though she clearly did it with her own kids so harped on about it more than I think the primary care trust would like! I imagine in a 1-2-1 appointment you'd be able to talk through your own particular plans and ideas.

we had a weaning lady from the docs come to our house at 12 weeks and explain the ins and outs of weaning what we can give at what stages etc. we got a tippy cup and loads of leaflets. it took about half hour.

bit strange them coming so early when the go on about waiting till 6 months. we ended up weaning jacob at 17 weeks and everything seems to be going great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->