• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

weaning off the boob

merristems

proud new mummy
Reaction score
This might be the wrong place but I need advice on gently weaning off of bfing. My little girl is 11.5 months old we started solids at six months but she is showing no sign of stopping bfing. She's blw and I spoon in stuff she can't pick up. She doesn't eat masses but enjoys what she eats. In the day she's bfing max of four times but at night she has me up every two hours sometimes more. I'm feeling broken and I don't know how much more I can take. Any suggestions??

Hi!

No advice I'm sorry, but my little one is in pretty much the same situation including he night wakings so I'm gonna stalk your thread in the hopes that we both learn something!

Good luck! :thumbup:

Waking up is proably a combination of habit and hunger. Once you can be certain that lo isnt hungry at night you can stop offering boob at night and settle with other methods. To get to that point you need to offer more food during the day. maybe offer snacks and continue bf during the day. Babies will need a certain amount of calories in 24 hours. You need to get them to take as much during the day as you can so they wake less at night. I cant promise this will make them sttn though. My lo is nearly 2 and does not consistently sleep through.

Yes I think snacks would help us but I'm rubbish I'm finding it hard to be creative with them, other than fruit what else classes as snacks for kids?! X

salad sticks, bread sticks with cream cheese, yogurt covered raisins. I sometimes used to make homemade rusks, just dried out bread in the oven. Ellas kitchen books have some good ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->