weaning question

mickey

Reaction score
LO eats well established solids for lunch and I wanted to start to give her sth in the evening. however, if we give her sth in the evening she doesn't poo on the next day! I am worried she will get constipated, if we keep on giving her sth in the evening!

what's your/was your experience with regards to bowel movement and weaning?

thx, guys :hi:

I actually think it made my daughter go more:shrug: and her no.2's are still soft, not as soft as when on purely milk but definitely not constipated.

Have you maybe noticed certain foods doing it to her more?

I think they change anyway when they start getting solids cos the poos get more solid too.

One interesting thing (as much as you can be on this subject) is that C tends to do one big poo a day and T will do 3 or 4 smaller ones. Obviously they eat the same thing but they're just different folks with different bowels.

I wouldn't worry too much if she doesn't poo every day as long as she doesn't seem in pain. What solids is she having?

hmmm, I think I am just worried as before she poo'd so many times! the milk seems to get through her system very quickly, but OH has this as well with milk! she poo'd three times a day, so it's strange she doesn't poo the entire day!
as well, when we leave out the evening the meal, she does two poo's on the following day!

she is having babyrice (evenings, if so), broccoli, carrot, potatoe, cauliflower, green beans, apple, pear and banana so far.

Ok a tmi question, does her poo be hard or not hard....because so long as its not hard then it wont matter how many times a day she goes.

of course, it looks more solid as before, but it still has a creamy consistency.

For Oliver, we found baby rice, porridge and potatoes and too much banana tends to make him constipated. So now we wont give him rice or porridge at all and if we give him the others, we'll mix it with the foods that make him go so its not so much of a problem. We have also found we have to give him at least 2oz of water or apple juice to keep him going everyday since weaning him. x

of course, it looks more solid as before, but it still has a creamy consistency.

then I wouldnt worry hun, it doesnt sound as if shes constipated :) my little boy used to go 4-5 times a day but now its once a day so I suppose the weaning has an effect.

I think the water is important for her as well :hi:

thx guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"