weaning routine

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
thought it might be good if we all show what our daily routine is then we can get tips from eachother and try different things.

at the moment we are only having 2 meals a day,
morning 8.30am bottle
mid-morning 10.30am porridge or rice
afternoon 2/2.30 bottle
afternnon 5.00pm fruit and water
evening 7.30/8pm last bottle then in bed by 8.30pm.

Good idea

7:45 6-7 ounce bottle, plus cereal made with 2 ounces of formula
10:30 snack (fresh banana, mango, avocado, cheerios, blueberries, strawberries, toast fingers, or cheese)
12 4-6 ounce bottle plus fruit jar
2:30 snack (same options as above)
4/4:30 4-6 ounce bottle plus veggie/meat
6 top up bottle of 4-5 ounces plus yogurt if she is still hungry

Apart from breakfast and bed this is very much approximate and based on when he gets hungry.

8am: milk
9am: breakfast- 1 1/2 weetabix or portion ready brek or porridge + whole milk
12 noon: lunch- buttered hot cross bun, half a banana, half a yogurt, nibble of cheese and kiwi from my plate
2.45pm: milk
3pm: snack- 1/2 round toast with philadelphia, some grapes
5.30pm: dinner- one egg omelette with ham+ cheese then some cheesy champ as still hungry plus tastes from my plate
6.30pm: bedtime milk.

I find the hardest thing is portion size. The HV talked about feeding til he is full, well I did that on Saturday and tbh lunch sort of ran into snack which sort of ran into dinner. Also lunch above was unusual in that there was no protein. He gets quite a lot of meat and fish as we eat quite a lot ourselves.

wow jenstar sounds like ur really on ur way with the weaning??
my lo is a week older than ur's & we are only on 2 meals a day.
I give her baby rice alone or mixed with fruit now for breakfast & for dinner I have started giving her a puree of veggies...

Am I too slow/far behind??

I give her baby rice alone or mixed with fruit now for breakfast & for dinner I have started giving her a puree of veggies...

no all babies are different and you may have started weaning later then jenstar im only on 2 meals aday at the moment.

Breakfast (around 8-9am): Porridge and a yogurt.
Lunch (around 12pm): Cheese sandwich, a Babybell, and fruit of some kind.
Dinner (around 5pm): Whatever I make her for dinner, she loves roasts, and a yogurt.

She snacks on biscotte, rusks, fruit, and well.. alot of things :rofl: She also is Bfed whenever she wants x

7am - porridge or toast (we've just changed the brekkie and bottle around)
9am - 6 oz bottle
11am - snack (organix carrot sticks, rice cakes, half a banana. Stuff like that)
12pm - lunch (something with protein. Usually part finger food, part pureed but he never eats much of the puree) then a yoghurt
3pm - 3oz bottle plus snack
5pm - dinner (vegetables - half pureed, half as finger food)
6pm - 8oz bottle

Great idea, I'm always wondering if I'm doing it right or over feeding him. :dohh:

7.30 - 4 tsp porridge mixed with 1 cube fruit puree - 6oz milk
10.30 - snack of fruit, rice cake, cheese (He doesn't eat any of it, it's to get him used to chewing - which he does and then spits back out :dohh:)
11.30 - 3 cubes veg puree, yogurt, water (sometimes milk if he doesn't eat a lot)
3.00 - 6oz milk
6.00 - 3 cubes veg puree, 1 cube fruit puree, 5oz milk
10.00 - 6oz milk

He doesn't eat all the veg puree but it saves me having to defrost more if he's really hungry. Saying that the last 2 days it's been a struggle to get anything down him apart from petit filous!!

Great idea, I'm always wondering if I'm doing it right or over feeding him. :dohh:

10.30 - snack of fruit, rice cake, cheese (He doesn't eat any of it, it's to get him used to chewing - which he does and then spits back out :dohh:)
11.30 - 3 cubes veg puree, yogurt, water (sometimes milk if he doesn't eat a lot)
3.00 - 6oz milk
10.00 - 6oz milk

He doesn't eat all the veg puree but it saves me having to defrost more if he's really hungry. Saying that the last 2 days it's been a struggle to get anything down him apart from petit filous!!

when you have made up the food and froze it how do you defrost it? do you just leave it out or put it in the microwave sorry im clueless!:dohh::blush:

When my boy was 5 1/2 months I thought he was never gonna be ready to eat solids, he would bf like 9 or 10 times a day but absolutely no interest in eating food then one day he just started swallowing food, and there was no stopping him! You can't really plan for it, just gotta do what your baby wants.

3.00 - 6oz milk
10.00 - 6oz milk

when you have made up the food and froze it how do you defrost it? do you just leave it out or put it in the microwave sorry im clueless!:dohh::blush:

I usually put mine in the microwave

3.00 - 6oz milk
10.00 - 6oz milk

I put mine in the microwave to defrost, then heat it up til it's really hot & let it cool down slightly before feeding Lewis.

we have just moved to 3 meals a day.....

our routine, (roughly!)

7:30am - 5 oz bottle
10:30am - baby rice breakfast + 2 oz bottle
1pm - Fruit Puree + 2 oz bottle
4:30pm - 5oz bottle
6:00pm - dinner, usually a savoury then something sweet like fruit or baby custard + baby juice.
8:30pm - 5 oz bottle
10pm - Nightime milk 5 oz bottle :baby:

We have just started weanin Jack this week, so far he is doing fantastic and enjoying new foods!

Our routine roughly ....

7-7.30am - Bannana cereal with mashed bannana
8-8.30am - 6-7oz bottle
10am-11am - 2oz pear and apple juice
12.30-1pm - baby rice with mashed bannana/apple/strawberrys, 2oz juice little custard yoghurt
2.30-3pm - 4oz bottle
5.30-6pm - mashed potatoe with veg puree or some kind of sauce, 2-3oz juice, mashed bannana/apple
7-8pm - 4oz bottle

Only query i have is that im worried hes not getting enough milk ... Hes happy enough but should he be taking more feeds?
today he went from bottle at 7.30am all the way till 2.30pm until he wanted more milk and still then he only took 4oz ..... :blush:

We have just started weanin Jack this week, so far he is doing fantastic and enjoying new foods!

Our routine roughly ....

7-7.30am - Bannana cereal with mashed bannana
8-8.30am - 6-7oz bottle
10am-11am - 2oz pear and apple juice
12.30-1pm - baby rice with mashed bannana/apple/strawberrys, 2oz juice little custard yoghurt
2.30-3pm - 4oz bottle
5.30-6pm - mashed potatoe with veg puree or some kind of sauce, 2-3oz juice, mashed bannana/apple
7-8pm - 4oz bottle

Only query i have is that im worried hes not getting enough milk ... Hes happy enough but should he be taking more feeds?
today he went from bottle at 7.30am all the way till 2.30pm until he wanted more milk and still then he only took 4oz ..... :blush:

I think up until they're a year old they need between 18 & 21 oz of milk a day. Is he usually a small milk drinker??

good thread :)

we've just moved onto three meals a day, and our routine goes something like this :)

8/9am - 7oz bottle, porridge or baby rice and apple
12noon - 7oz bottle, veggie puree or chicken
4pm - 7oz bottle and fruit with rusk (this is what we have just introduced, so just trying new things)
8pm - 7oz bottle and bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->