Weaning - success!

PrincessPea

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Well I gave Jessica baby rice (very watered down with formula) from a spoon for the first time today.....and she loved it!!! Yay!:happydance: Her wee face was a picture! Confused and then wide open mouth!!!!:haha:

After some fantastic advice from Foo I decided to take a deep breath and go for it! So glad I did (well I havent seen the nappy yet!!) :rofl:

Long may it continue!

Yey! Well done hunny! Go for it!

Me too!!! Did she take much? Are you going to stick with the rice for a while or try something new?

Hey lil-star, well done on the start of weaning too!!

The first night we only gave her a few spoonfuls but since then she is finishing a whole portion (i.e the 1 spoonful of rice to 10 spoonfuls of formula - she is finishing that amount) and then going on to take all or almost all her bottle (105ml).

I am going to stick to baby rice at the moment, I may in the next few weeks add in some baby porridge at lunch time. I have two reasons for staying with those 2 for a wee bit - the main one is that Jessica has a hernia and we found out last week she is to have an operation in the next month to fix it, so I feel to go full on weaning and try and do it while she is recovering is not what I want to do so I am going to wait til after the op to introduce 'proper foods', this also has the added bonus of meaning she will then be around 6 months actual when we start on other foods. Once the op is over and she is fully recovered we are going to go for it big style!! Thats the plan anyway, baby may have other ideas!!! lol

I dont know if this is right or wrong but its what I am going with at the mo. xx

Eli has a hernia too! He took the full amount (1tsp to 10 formula) today and a 70ml bottle after and he seems happy out. So maybe if I just try it once a day for a while and see if it suits. He still isn't reaching out for anything so I think it will be a while before he will get messy with it. Bumbo is great for propping him up though

Woohoo Go Jessica. :) She is a clever little girlie :)

Lil-star

Jessica doesnt reach out for anything yet either, we sit her in her bouncy chair at the moment to feed her.

Glad to hear you are getting on well. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->