Weaning troubles

Mikihob

Mom & TTC#2
Reaction score
I have started weaning since DH wants another baby ASAP and I can't take Femara while breastfeeding. It went well the first day and the second day he was CRAZY fussy and then I nursed him and he was so happy.

Does this mean he's not ready or just needs more time?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!:flower:

Sounds like he's not ready but it also sounds like you (and I mean NO criticism here) have made a decision to wean and from what I've heard, that is never easy and you should expect some hard days/nights. That doesn't mean he can't/won't do it but it will take some serious willpower!

I let both my babies self-wean so never actually went through it but my sister did with her first and I know she had a hard time that she's decided to let her second self-wean...

Thanks ladies! My sweet boy sure loved nursing. He was at 7 feedings a day still, mostly short except for the before bed and in the morning.

Well we have gradually reduced down to just the before bed and first thing in the morning. I couldn't figure out if he was just overly worried and I am definitely missing the feeding (except the biting :winkwink:) but he's doing better.

His top lateral incisors just broke through the gums so I think that may have been a huge part in his fussiness. I know these last two feedings will be the hardest to break because they are his favorite.

Once we have our last baby I will totally let them self wean. I am not liking weaning. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->