Weaning when tongue tied

Nats21

Reaction score
Ive posted a longer thread in baby club but just wondering if anyone on here has weaned a tongue tied baby? Maisies tongue tie isnt likely to be sorted before we wean her around 5.5 - 6 months.

Have your LOs had any trouble (more then the standard weaning) or have they taken to it well? Thanks xx

My LO is 21 months with quite a severe tongue tie that they refused to cut and honestly we've had no problems. The only thing I've noticed is if he gets food around his mouth he can't stick his tongue out of his mouth far enough to lick it off!

Thats good to know you havent had any problems. How annoying for you though that they wont cut it. The hospital keep messing us around with her appointment, they're useless :( Thanks for the reply xx

My 10 month old had severe tongue tie when she was born. Breast feeding was impossible (But she have done perfectly well without it)
I started weaning her at 3 months because no matter how much milk she had, she was still hungry.
I've had no problems. Alani eats anything without any trouble, and her tongue does come out quite a lot.

They refused to cut her because she wasn't getting any breastmilk. I produced a drop at most, so even if she could latch on, she wasn't going to get anything.
I was really angry when they told me this and she was just written off without a thought.

The bit of skin attached to her tongue was so thin. I don't think they should have stopped cutting them at birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->