wearing a non-nursing bra?

seaweed eater

Reaction score
I'm dying to wear regular bras again!! And I'm EP, so NIP is not an issue, and I can just change my bra whenever I need to pump.

I'm afraid of blocked ducts though.

I wore regular bras all through pregnancy and didn't have problems with blocked ducts. Does that mean it would likely be ok?

Is there anyone here who EP or who nurses infrequently and wears a regular bra for most of the day?

My SIL was only breastfeeding morning and night - she breastfed up to 14 months - the last couple of months she wore normal bras! She said it was bliss!

I have just started to wear a normal bra again and have has no problems. I still nurse 3-4 times most days.

Being nosey - How do you nurse in a normal bra? I'd love to wear some normal ones!!

I dont wear a nursing bra at all, I found them all to be rediculously expensive and oddly shaped :/

I just wear a stretchy sports bra now (super cheap one from primark!) and its amazing, its supportive yet not too tight and its stretchy enough to be pulled down with the vest top for nursing/expressing.

I even used one to make a hands free expressing bra by cutting tiny holes to hold the cup part of the pump, it worked brilliantly!

They arent really exciting pretty/sexy ones though lol just a plain black and gray one. But I could get thm in pink/purple and leopard print if I wanted :O

I never wore a nursing bra with DD and I only own one now so won't wear that constantly either :L
I just pulled them down, always worked fine for me.

I don't know if you can get these in the UK, but I just got some and LOVE them.

https://baliintimates.com/bras/styles/?style=3488&color=WH

Most of the nursing bras I have were so uncomfortable. These are stretchy enough to pull down. I've seen others too that are similar.

Thanks FAB mama. I should clarify that I'm talking about molded, underwired bras, not sports bras. I need a lot of support and in my size sports bras are not everyday wear.

I don't see why a regular bra would cause blocked ducts, but I'm not sure. I don't see a big difference except that nursing bras snap??

For the bras, I hate underwire so I'm not much help, but I have the "large" in the one I mentioned and it's comfortable...though not so much pretty I guess if you want something cute.

I nurse through the day and night still, but use normal bras. I just pop one out over the top, and off we go. Sometimes it is a little less convenient than others, but by and large it is nice not to always have the 'nursing bra shape' to my shirt. *smacks forehead* I discovered I could do this after losing a significant amount of weight. Thing is, I've gained it all back (smh) and can still nurse this way, so I'm pleased with that. :0)

I started wearing normal bras again a lot of the time when going out, though they are not underwired and are a softer, less firm support version of the Doreen bra. I just pull the bra up to BF and its ok as the underband is quite stretchy and soft, though I have seriously toyed with the idea of adapting these bras into BF bras. I have only ever had blocked ducts while wearing BF bras as opposed to normal ones xx

I don't own a nursing bra. I tried to order some and there was a mess up with the order so. I only had normal ones when LO was born so I had to use normal bras. And it works fine so I haven't gotten around to getting more. I wear underwired, molded cup bras from m&s and just pull down the cup. I'm a 36f and LO still nurses frequently.

I converted the straps of some well fitting underwire bras so they are now nursing bras. I've never had a blocked duct (been nursing 3.5 months so far).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->