• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding Dates!

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
So I can't make up my mind! :dohh:

A Wednesday in November at the beginning of the month, we THINK flights may be cheaper for people

OR

A Saturday in Dec...12/13/14! Because I like the date :blush:

We plan on giving at least a year notice so people WOULD have time to save up.

We are not worrying about weather, we live in Hawaii :thumbup:

I think the 12/13/14 is soooo cool!!

If every one is local then December is fine but if people have to pay for transport and hotels then I'd go for November.

The December date is cool! It's your day, so do what you're comfortable with. :thumbup:

I think I would just keep in mind that you're asking people to take a Hawaiian vacation right before Xmas. Not that you shouldn't do it, but maybe you should ask the people you really really really want to be there what they think, and hang everyone else if they can't make it.

Going to do more detail in your journal: 12/13/14... people won't be traveling on your wedding day - they will already be there in advance of it!

The December date is cool! It's your day, so do what you're comfortable with. :thumbup:

I think I would just keep in mind that you're asking people to take a Hawaiian vacation right before Xmas. Not that you shouldn't do it, but maybe you should ask the people you really really really want to be there what they think, and hang everyone else if they can't make it.

I was thinking of this last night...I was going to ask OH's mom and dad (divorced) and my aunt and maid of honor and then see which one got the most votes. But then OH was like it wouldn't matter to his mom and dad, they will come whenever. I might just make him ask anyway.

What Ginger said. It all depends on whether the people you care about can make it right before Xmas or not. The good news about that is that people you might not really care for might not make the extra efforts during the holidays!

I voted December :)

I did a quick look on Travelocity and for THIS November early in the month and mid-week it's about $670. In December, flying in on a Friday and leaving on a Monday it's about $820. The difference is about $150, but this is not price shopping, hunting around, buying wayyyyy in advance, etc.

No matter which way you swing it, it's a bit pricey to fly out to HI, but I would imagine that the people who are going to make the trip out there are going to go whether its $150 more or less. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->