wedding gift

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
sounds silly but been soooo long need some help. My cousin is getting married todau and we have been invited to the evening reception. Not particually close to coysin but they are family. What is expected card/gift wise? Do we just give a card or put some money with it too (no point buying gift as no idea what woukd get and has been living in own house for years so has the typical things) help!!

Its completely up to you. I got married a couple of months ago and the only thing I expected was a card. I was really upset at a couple of friends (one of whom was a bridesmaid) who didn't even get us a card, but there were plenty of people who came to the day and evening do who only got us a card and it didn't bother us at all.

Its completely up to you. I got married a couple of months ago and the only thing I expected was a card. I was really upset at a couple of friends (one of whom was a bridesmaid) who didn't even get us a card, but there were plenty of people who came to the day and evening do who only got us a card and it didn't bother us at all.

the only people who got us cards and presents were our normal guests. we didnt get a single card or prezzie from family or wedding party members lol.

so id just go with the card. i wouldnt even put money in if you arent close. but thats just me lol xx

I'd say a card. I was upset not to receive cards from certain people too. I mean they cost like 50p. Especially as we went out of our way to buy cards for others when they married

the only people who got us cards and presents were our normal guests. we didnt get a single card or prezzie from family or wedding party members lol.

so id just go with the card. i wouldnt even put money in if you arent close. but thats just me lol xx

Were you upset that you didn't get any cards from family or wedding party? They're the people I expect them from most. My bridesmaids each had around £300 spent on them for their dresses/shoes/hair/makeup and gifts plus the cost of them being a guest at the wedding, so when one of them didn't get us a card or anything at all I felt like it was a bit of a slap in the face. Maybe its a cultural thing I don't know, my mum always taught me that cards are more important than gifts.

As a couple we've only had one wedding present to buy and we gave £50 in a card. I suppose it would vary depending on how close the people were to you? :shrug:
x

In the past, we've put money in (but they specifically asked for no boxed gifts). I think it should be up to you. Go with whatever you feel comfortable doing. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->