Wedding guest dress... Opinions please!

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
This is the 3rd dress ive purchased. I find all "prom" style dresses swamp my petit frame, & that a more figure hugging dress suits.

Im attending a church wedding, & a traditional scottish reception.

Ive known im going to be attending for 3 months, but as usual, ive left it all to the last minute... I hate shopping under pressure! We leave on thursday (its a 10 hour drive!), weddings on friday.

Is this suitable? I intend to wear it with black court shoes & a black fascinator.

https://www.lipsy.co.uk/store/dresses/lipsy-lace-print-midi-dress/product-is-JD02902_041

I'm sure it'll be fine! I wouldn't worry too much though; I didn't even notice what my wedding guests were wearing til I saw the photos!

If you change your mind on the Lipsy one for any reason, Whistles dresses are divine (especially the lace ones) and they have a sale at the moment.

ETA: Ignore that, the ones in the sale aren't the type I was thinking of.

It's absolutely fine, are you going to be wearing a jacket or shrug of any kind with it?

ETA - Asking about the jacket because of the cold!

Love it - as soon as i opened the page i thought 'with a big black fascinator!!!' Have a nice time :thumbup:

When I saw it was lipsy I thought it was going to be very short and metallic lol (I like lipsy but I think of them for party dresses) but that's lovely :)

Very nice!

Agree with PP, it'll barely be noticed what you're wearing. At my best friends wedding the only outfit she picked up on was someone who had come in a floor length cream dress. :dohh:

Ladies you have really put my mind at ease! I honestly thought it probably wasnt wedding "suitable"! :)

X

Its gorgeous! Will be perfect with the accesories you mentioned!
And as others have said - even with only 20 guests at our ceremony the only person i noticed was my FIL's girlfriend who was in a full length cream and gold dress (dont blame her though she's thai, i did think he might have suggested it wouldnt be approrite for a british wedding though!) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->