Wedding Ring Tale??

Teri

1st Time Mum to DS
Reaction score
Hey all... hope everyone is k... :hugs:

Im really excited as i have my first scan on tuesday and im about 14 weeks so the doctor tells me but my mum has this thing with a wedding ring and piece of thread she did it to me over my stomach, on my hand and even on the OH's hand and im not sur if its an old wifes tale or not!!

i know after u have had children like my mum it tells her exact that shes had 3 girls and 1 boy and in the correct order but what does everyone think about it??

BTW it said im having 2 boys and said the same about my partner
Also at the moment ppl keep telling me i mite be carrying twins :blush:
How can people tell by looking at you is it like a 6th sense or something???

Love Teri xxx :crib:

my mom did something similar to me and said i was def having a little boy, but at my 20 weeks scan i found out it was a girl lol. She told me that it had worked for her and everyone else she knew who had a baby, dont kno where she got that from though!

Thanks lol... ill not depend on my mother just yet then lol :)

A friend of my mums told her, that way back in the depths of time when she was pregnant and went to her doctor - he not only confirmed she was pregnant, but also did the thing with the wedding ring and told her she would have a boy. She did as well!!! Whether it really works or not, I don´t know though, like all these prediction tests we can do, there is a 50/50 chance of getting it right!

I'm not sure I believe in all that. Like CK TOO said, they have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. My mum has always been really into that sort of stuff & one day I was researching the ring on a string and also the pendulum thing (the crystal on a chain or string) and it turns out you make them move with whatever you're thinking or willing it to do. You don't realise you're doing it but you very slightly move your hand and cause it to swing in a different direction. Your hand can look totally still. I guess that shows how your subconcious thoughts can affect things though.

I've heard of this before. Old wives tale I think is the category it belongs in. Fun though!

:) It says I'm having a girl which is what I think it is... only time will tell :D

I read some old folklore tales on babycentre and all of my symptons have equalled out to say that I'm having a girl..

My mum says I am just by looking at me, don't know how they can tell tbh :wacko:

I just found it all so strange that mine and my OH's which was done on the hand on different days was the same!!

And i still believe some people have sixth senses this lady i known since i was tiny would always tell a pregnant woman what they were having and she never got it wrong... so strange!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->