Wedding Shoes and Shorter Ladies ...

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
How high a shoe can you get away with? Esp for ladies up to 5ft 6" ....

From looking at my dress its going to drown me length wise and you cant have them altered can you? Well the detailling runs right down to the floor so would chop some off.

What are you shorter ladies planning or what did you do?

Im 5'2 and will probs wear the highest shoes my dress will allow, being short I should get away with 3"ers

Just remember you'll be wearing them all day and night. A lot of services start at 2pm ish, so if you're ready and hour before you could be wearing your shoes for 12 hours. Just make sure they are really comfy :)

Ahh Raf see ive timed it well ... ceremony is a late one at 3pm ... so by 4.30pm im back home topping myself up for the evening do, late wedding can just run onto the reception, no wedding breakfast is saving me tons as i have a mahoosive immediate family.

So i can have a rest inbetween the wedding and the evening reception :lol:

I had my dress taken up 3cms hun and it has detailing all the way to the bottom, not sure if yours is more detailed but this is the back of mine... it's not a lot of detail but still some. Im sure a seamstress could sort it for you though.

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs050.snc1/4462_112559280660_519745660_3145312_3777854_n.jpg

Can't help you with the rest tho, Im 5'8"

Ive seen some lovely wedding Jimmy Choos you could get away with :D

x

I'm 5ft0 and had my dress taken up. I had 3inch heels to help too (ivory satin boots coz my wedding was in october :D)

Any GOOD dressmaker will be able to lift it from the waist/other convenient seam/area and allow the detailing around the bottom to remain in tact :)

mine was plain but i understand that's how it was done anyway....

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs111.snc1/4816_1163022471271_1099120324_486246_204026_n.jpg

i will be wearing 3" heels and will need a bit off one of my dresses, the alteration lady said she would take it from under the bust so as not to spoil the hemline detail so it can be done. Shop around for alterations as different people will do them different ways! Some may just chop the bottom off!

A good dressmaker will be able to change the length. I had about 3 inch heels and my wedding was at 3pm and didn't suffer :D

o, meant to say, my wedding was at noon and my feet were fine :D

Im not sure i want to alter it just may opt for higher heels, ive got about 7" leeway between the heights of me and OH so may just wear some slighty higher ones

aahh in that case go as high you can bear, especially if you are getting a rest inbetween!

You are lucky, there is only a couple of inches between me and my OH.. he is going to have to stand on some yellow pages :rofl:

xXx

I need my dress taking up too and I have a lot of detail on the bottom and the dressmaker said it should be no poblem. I am wearing high-ish heals :) Gotta remember to be comfy coz our wedding is at 12pm :shock: until about 1am so Im gonna be knackered! xx

I had to get my dress taken up in length, which fortunately they could do from the bottom hem on mine. I had to wear kitten heels in order not to tower over DH! lol, I'm almost 5'4'' and he's 5'5'' so I had to wear some low heels.

Honestly I think if you're used to really high heels, it would be too bad. My feet killed despite the low heels, so you never know. Just remember to sit down a lot and when you steal away to use the bathroom or something, take off your shoes a moment and rub your feet! I also got Dr. Scholl's gel insoles that are made for dress shoes, they made a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->