Weeing the bed.

karlilay

Mum of 2 :)
Reaction score
Madi has potty trained for two years, but she just couldn't get the hang of nighttime dryness. She's been in pull-ups at night until recently, she kept asking to go to bed in knickers, so I brought her a waterproof sheet and took the plunge.

She is doing so well. She has a wee before she falls asleep about 9pm, and she's dry all night, But when she wakes she immediately wees the bed.

She has done this for the past three days now. I don't know how together to stop, she doesn't even seem to be able to control it.

She must just have to go so bad when she wakes she can't hold it anymore-- I'm not sure how to keep this from happening. I take it she is able to hold it well during the day- even is she has to go pretty bad. If not, then she can hold it- but maybe the pressure or the feeling when she first wakes is just too much? Is there a way to maybe put a potty right next to her bed, just for now? or would she maybe feel that was for "babies"? Just a thought-- she obviously wants to be big girl in panties and not pull ups... might be worth asking her about and see if she would try it for a bit... just till she is used to getting up and directly going to use the bathroom.

Sorry, no better advise... maybe others will be more helpful.

Madi has potty trained for two years, but she just couldn't get the hang of nighttime dryness. She's been in pull-ups at night until recently, she kept asking to go to bed in knickers, so I brought her a waterproof sheet and took the plunge.

She is doing so well. She has a wee before she falls asleep about 9pm, and she's dry all night, But when she wakes she immediately wees the bed.

She has done this for the past three days now. I don't know how together to stop, she doesn't even seem to be able to control it.

just reduce the time she has her last drink

We have to take Daniel to the toilet just before we go to bed. He goes to bed between 7.30 and 8pm and goes to the toilet then. We then go to bed between 10.30 and midnight and we take him at that point. If we don't i can guarantee he will wee at some point. If we take him he doesn't.
Reducing liquid intake doesn't help at all and he just ends up really really thirsty which i don't think is a good thing at all.

Do you think she's weeing at a certain time of the day e.g. 7am or is she weeing just as she wakes, whatever the time? If it's a certain time I would try moving her last drink of the day half an hour earlier - it shouldn't mean she's thirsty overnight (and if she is, she can always get up for a wee and have a little drink then). If it's just as she wakes up, whatever the time, could you try lifting her from her bed and sitting her on a potty by the bed when it's time to wake up (so not really waking her until she's on the potty)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->