Weekend In Edinburgh - any tips?

MrsPtobe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm planning a weekend in Edinburgh for my OH's birthday in January, and I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any good hotels/guest houses?

Also, any ideas of some good places to visit would be great.

Many thanks,

C xx

Me and OH went to edinburgh for our honeymoon, then for our 2nd anniversary too. It's one of our absolute favourite place to visit, I could live there! For our anniversary we stayed in the Point hotel, which was lovely, and we've also stayed in the Apex Hotel too. Both are in a great central place to either visit the old part of the city, or go to the newer part where there are better shops, a few trendy bars etc.

It depends what you're into, but I would recommend a tour called the Mary Kings Close tour, which tours the hidden streets underneath the Royal Mile, really interesting. Try and visit a bar called the Dome which is on George Street in the new part, it is absolutely incredible how gorgeous it is, even just for a drink. We also visited the Edinburgh Dungeons which was hilarious but gruesome. Great for a laugh though.

Really hope you enjoy your trip there, I'm so jealous!!

xo

ETA: we booked the Point hotel through laterooms.com a few weeks before and only paid £89 for 2 nights :thumbup:

What types of things do you want to do? What types of places to eat/ drink/ visit do you like? What is your budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->