Weekly Budget

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
Hope use dont mind me being nosey but how much do u have to live off each week for food shopping + petrol etc.

We have £200 per week after all our bills are paid, but yet seem to be always skint :wacko:

We spend roughly £40 petrol and £60-80 shopping x

I jus added our wages up, took away the bills and came out with just over £200 a week, but we too are skint!! I don't get it lol how can money disappear into thin air!! X

Tell me about it! We never really have anything to show for it at the end of the week either well apart from food in the cupboards and pertrol in the car lol :haha:

Exactly.. haven't brought myself anything in ages!! I'm annoyed now, where's all the money going lol

I love your sons name.. if we had a boy his name would be Kaide :) x

Lol sorry to have annoyed u, it drives me crazy as its a half decent amount of money for a week I would have thought. I never buy myself anything either and havent had my hair done since July :cry: lol. Really want to try and budget better this year but havent a clue where to start esp with the food shopping!

Awww thanx we love it too, seems to be really popular now when we had him nobody round about had heard it but wee kaidens seem to be popping up all over now lol x

We could have quite a lot left but we are both saving up, hopefully for baby number 2.

Petrol is free as my OH has a company car and we spend about £130 a week on food inc one meal out. That said, I also have to pay £35 a week for my travel card and about £25 a week for lunches etc at work.

write down everything you buy! A quick chocolate bar when you pick up a magazine to read over lunch considerably adds up.

I have £50-70 a week left after bills not including my electric which is £20-30 a week, so after electric aswell i usually have £30-50 for food and stuff for sophia x

We have a little tray on our office desk of where receipts go, that way I can keep track of the spending. I also had to put my DH on a cash allowance of $20 because he was spending it excessively, to the point of where we barely made it to the next paycheck.

Rent, including utilities, cable/internet- $500 (we have a roommate saves us so much)
Grocery shop every 2 weeks- $80 to $100
Petrol every week- $50 to $60
Mobile- $130
Stupid loan payment, I can't wait for it to end this year- $360
Truck payment- $260

We have a decent amount leftover which we're working on saving for new furniture and our move later this year.

me and OH live with my parent, tbh in no rush to move as id miss the company when OH was at work all day:blush: plus also my dads very ill so i help my mum , plus they dont want us to move out anyway :cloud9:
im on mat leave OH working full time:thumbup:

each month all our money together we get roughly £1833 a month

out of that we pay:

£150 a month rent to my mum (thats for everything including food)
£247 a month car insurance (only high till the end of this month then will go down too half as our case is settled)
£70 for 2 contract phones
£90 a month to pay off a loan and a store card

after we've paid all out we have roughly £300 a week now that xmas is over were looking to save £400-£500 a month...

i spend loads on LO's clothes each month.... clothes that she doesnt even need :blush:.... every time i go to h&m i walk out with bags full of stuff that is still sitting in the wardrobe with tags on:dohh:.

nappies- i brought tons when pregnant so still using them nearly 3 months later and wipes:thumbup:.

formula she uses one tin a week of c&g comfort so say £10 a tin... i always like to have one spare aswell to go straight onto

tbh me and OH were discussing just the other night we have no idea where all our money goes.....probably on my weakness....NANDOS!!!:blush: 4 times one week gosh thinking about that now makes me feel ill :nope:

seriously this has made me think how much money we waste i want to cry :cry:

xxx

We spend about 80 in food & 20 on diesel we could spend more but that's what it comes to.

me and OH live with my parent, tbh in no rush to move as id miss the company when OH was at work all day:blush: plus also my dads very ill so i help my mum , plus they dont want us to move out anyway :cloud9:

out of that we pay:

£247 a month car insurance (only high till the end of this month then will go down too half as our case is settled)

after we've paid all out we have roughly £300 a week now that xmas is over were looking to save £400-£500 a month...

i spend loads on LO's clothes each month.... clothes that she doesnt even need :blush:.... every time i go to h&m i walk out with bags full of stuff that is still sitting in the wardrobe with tags on:dohh:.

nappies- i brought tons when pregnant so still using them nearly 3 months later and wipes:thumbup:.

formula she uses one tin a week of c&g comfort so say £10 a tin... i always like to have one spare aswell to go straight onto

tbh me and OH were discussing just the other night we have no idea where all our money goes.....probably on my weakness....NANDOS!!!:blush: 4 times one week gosh thinking about that now makes me feel ill :nope:

xxx

seriously, enjoy it! i really miss living at home and working. i didn't quite realise just how much money i had spare.

out of that we pay:

xxx

seriously, enjoy it! i really miss living at home and working. i didn't quite realise just how much money i had spare.

Snap x

£100 not including food a petrol...we get buy, but rarley have treats x x

I have about 1100 a month left and Darren has about 300.

So between us about £350 a week but tbh, he choses to spend his money on his nice car/season ticket etc, so he has his money and I keep all mine for me & the baby.

100 a week and thats for food and petrol. Sometimes we go a little over. We can afford treats or anything so feeding us and clothing lo comes first c

About 200 - 230 a week, thats to buy groceries, nappies etc and fuel. Thats not counting electric bill every 3 months, or tv licence etc. It sounds like a lot but we always seem skint too. Hate bills lol

i have no money what so ever other than the £20 i get of OH each week to spend on my self or save he buys everythign for the kids and himself he buys everything from the supermarket including anything i want from there he pays all the bills mine and his mobiles everything :)

i think by rough calculation after he has paid for the rent council tax shopping gas and electric tv liscence water rates sky both our mobiles we have about £500 a month left thats for fuel which is about £140 a month he has £20 a week for himself rest goes on kids and into savings :)

we are lucky as we dont have anything on hire purchase we dont have no loans no credit cards we paid cash for the car we also rent from the council so rent is only £70 a week :)

our income is £23k with our tax credits and child benefit included

we are never really skint though :-/ we allways getting new stuff for kids buying stuff for house :-/ we might have a bit more left i may have miscalculated were allways getting treats aswell :-/

We spend about 100 on food, maybe 40 on random stuff whilst out coffee, odd Bit of clothing etc, 20 on petrol then we have our bills and debt to pay. We have an income of about 2600 and we have nothing left to save at tge minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->