Weight gain

proxy bump

Reaction score
How much are you supposed to gain in the first trimester?

Ive done some research that says five pounds is how much should be gained but I had my ten week check up and turns out I weigh the same as I did two months ago.

I had figured I would of been heavier since my pants wont stay zipped up and my stomach is starting to puff out. The dr also believes I might be further along than suspected since her quick scan showed a non alien bean but a hyperactive fetus but my dating scan isnt for a few more weeks.

Did anyone else not gain much on the first trimester? Does it depend on your prexisting weight as well?

I haven't gained weight at all since becoming pregnant. I've actually lost 8lbs so far. I've been in maternity pants since just before 13 weeks. I'm also a bit on the heavier side. I do know if you are bigger doctor doesn't want you to gain much overall verses someone who was underweight.

I was told ideally you dont want to gain any weight in first tri but up to 5 lbs is acceptable.

I think they worry about the overall weight gain more than anything. For someone who is of average/normal weight they recommend 25-35 lbs in total throughout your pregnancy, for overweight/severely overweight they recommend 0-15 lbs (depending on pre-pregnancy weight and dr). I'm not sure how they judge the normal to overweight thing because it seems that they tell a lot of women they're overweight these days when they certainly don't look or seem like they are.

In my own personal experience ( and my dr was never concerned)- with dd I gained nothing until 6 months (and didn't show until then at all), and gained 26 lbs from 6-9 months. With ds I started showing early, by 12 weeks I had an unmistakable bump, but gained very little weight until 2nd trimester, 30 lbs in total. For this one, I am only 8 weeks and have a bump, but no weight gain. My goal is to only gain 25 lbs this pregnancy by eating healthier (which is in the range of normal gain and since I'm older, it's not as easy to take off extra lbs) :)

Good luck to you :) and it always helped me to write down any questions I may have for the dr so I didn't forget by my next appt.

I lost a stone in the first tri in my last pregnancy because of morning sickness. This time my scales are not working so I don't know but I doupt I've gained. I didn't gain much until the 3rd tri last time and then I pilled on loads. LO was born weighing 9lbs 5oz so it didn't harm her :).

I'm 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I still haven't gained weight. Baby is measuring well though there are no concerns x

I'm 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I still haven't gained weight. Baby is measuring well though there are no concerns x

Can you feel the heat of a thousand suns of my jealousy burning upon you? :haha:

Well I am overweight so hopefully I wont gain too much overall but I was worries since all I have been eating for two weeks are baked potatos. Lol It makes me feel better to reading all of your stories. I have a feeling sweet pea will be making itself physically noticable pretty early since I have a teeny bump in my baggy clothes but that not a bad thing.

I did put on quite a bit in tri 3 but still weighed less than I had before I was pregnant the day LO was born.

Well I am overweight so hopefully I wont gain too much overall but I was worries since all I have been eating for two weeks are baked potatos. Lol It makes me feel better to reading all of your stories. I have a feeling sweet pea will be making itself physically noticable pretty early since I have a teeny bump in my baggy clothes but that not a bad thing.

I'm overweight too. I eat what I want when I'm pregnant and lose loads of weight. It's the only time in my life my metabolism works like a regular person!!

I haven't gained weight at all since becoming pregnant. I've actually lost 8lbs so far. I've been in maternity pants since just before 13 weeks. I'm also a bit on the heavier side. I do know if you are bigger doctor doesn't want you to gain much overall verses someone who was underweight.

I was told not to gain ANY weight and even I lose a couple of pounds it's okay. Geesh! Easier said than done. I worked really hard to lose 30 pounds before I got pregnant, and I'm still overweight so I understand my OB saying this but it's not gonna be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->