Weight Gain

Jen_xx

Bun in the Oven
Reaction score
:cry:

I have already gained 32 pounds!!!! And I am barely 20 weeks. :shrug: I seriously just want to cry in a corner. I am not even eating that much! I don't understand where the weight is coming from.

Any tips on I guess healthier foods? I have SPD or I'd definitely be walking more or something. I just don't want to be a whale after delivery. :nope:

Oh honey! I know how you feel! I gained a ton of weight last pregnancy so I have been trying to be careful this time by eating lots of healthy foods and exercising 3-4 days a week. Despite my best efforts, I'm still putting on weight at a much quicker pace than it seems others are. I think some of us are maybe prone to retaining more water during pregnancy and/or blood volume. I gained 70lbs in my first pregnancy and by the 6 week mark, I had lost 38 of them, so I'm thinking I retained a whole lot of fluid as that obviously wasn't all fat.

Hello - did you start with a lower bmi? If you did then you will put on more weight. I know someone who started out at 45kg (wayyyyyy toooo thin anyway) and put on 30kg from pregnancy. That's an extreme example though too. 1kg is 2.2lbs.

As above. The lower the starting BMI the more out on usually. This is my fourth with a start BMI of 28 so I haven't gained anything yet.

With my first I had a bmi of 22 and gained 60lb. Three quarters of that gone in a week due to terrible water retention.

Lots of mums start retaining wTer early on in pregnancy too.

My DR said some people gain lots of weight, some not much, and others lose. Every body is different. As long as you're eating healthy and getting exercise you will be okay. Maybe speak with your DR or MW about it though, to rule out any issues like GD?

Oh honey! I know how you feel! I gained a ton of weight last pregnancy so I have been trying to be careful this time by eating lots of healthy foods and exercising 3-4 days a week. Despite my best efforts, I'm still putting on weight at a much quicker pace than it seems others are. I think some of us are maybe prone to retaining more water during pregnancy and/or blood volume. I gained 70lbs in my first pregnancy and by the 6 week mark, I had lost 38 of them, so I'm thinking I retained a whole lot of fluid as that obviously wasn't all fat.

That is what I was thinking too. I have gained roughly 60-70 pounds each pregnancy. It's fairly easy to drop most of it, but because I was bigger than before when I got pregnant this time I just feel huge. :cry: It's so depressing. My legs are huge, my face is fat, my arms are flabby. Lol Ughhh

Hello - did you start with a lower bmi? If you did then you will put on more weight. I know someone who started out at 45kg (wayyyyyy toooo thin anyway) and put on 30kg from pregnancy. That's an extreme example though too. 1kg is 2.2lbs.

Not sure what my BMI was. I am usually in the 140's and my highet not pregnant is 155-160. I was 175 when I got pregnant this time, I'd gained weight from the birth control I was on. I had that removed a month before getting pregnant.

I completely understand your pain! Before I got pregnant, I was in a slump with working out/eating right. I figured I would just relax and then kick myself back in gear. I was ready to do it after gaining about 8 pounds , and I found out I was pregnant! Since then, I went from 128 to 143! And If I were to add in the pre pregnant weight that I gained, I was normally 120! Grrr. And I'm trying to eat better and I still wake up a pound heavier. :/

I have to admit I feel soooo fat too. I had two miscarriages in a row. One of them was a missed miscarriage that I only discovered at the NT scan and I put on 10kg (22lb) from comfort eating. So I started off big in this pregnancy too.
With dd it dropped off easily. I think I dropped 7 kg just by giving birth so I am hoping it's the same again.
I'm just trying to eat healthily and exercise and not worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->