weight loss in newborns?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
So I noticed today that Nicky had lost alot of weight..
MW said it may be because im mix feeding and that she will weigh him tomorrow- at birth he was 8lb2, then when he was last weighed it was 8lbs- Im really worried of tomorrows outcome...
Has anyone else had these issues at all???? Im rather concerned.
He feeds well, poos well, pees TOO WELL lol, and sleeps well.... his color looks ok too and temp is never above 37c... is this a normal thing?:cry:

Calm down Louise! it doesnt sound to me like you are relaxing and enjoying being a mum! deep breaths! yes its normal for newborns to loose weight in the first few weeks.

Try to relax and just enjoy your little son

Calm down Louise! it doesnt sound to me like you are relaxing and enjoying being a mum! deep breaths! yes its normal for newborns to loose weight in the first few weeks.

Try to relax and just enjoy your little son
You have no idea how bad I am at the moment. I thought I fussed alot when I was pregnant but by god am I 10x's worse now.
How were you when you first had your lil one? I take Nicky's tempreture and all sorts- I think one of the worst things I brought was that *summer* saftey kit with the digital thermometer; not good.....
I would honestly prefer to sit up all night watching him than to go to sleep at the moment.. talk about being a worrier.

Newborns can lose up to 10% of their birth weight before anyone worries. I have to say here Louise and dont take this the wrong way,that the amount of worrying you are doing and concerns you are having seem WAY over the top. Are you enjoying Nicky? If you want to chat and have attention thats cool you dont have to keep doing this hun. Please dont think I am out to get you am just getting concerned with some of you posts.

If it keeps on with the MW they may ask you some pretty tricky Q's about your state of mind. We all have plenty of worries and being a new mum is daunting but come on girl pull yourself together nicky needs you strong and with it not a nervous wreck.
Bex

By the way i dont want to seem harsh that is not my intention. I think you are a sweet girl and woudl rather be honest with you than ignore you.
B

i never took Rhys' temp, i never worried about his weight when he was newborn, i never stressed out or anything. i heard that if you are stressed your baby is stressed and thats the last thing i wanted.

i agree with bexxie too. you need to be calm and assertive with a newborn, not worried and anxious. if you ever need to chat im on msn.

It's perfectly normal for bubs to lose weight and it's not a concern if it's only 2lbs, once he gets used to this feeding malarky he'll put weight on like nobody's business :hugs:

Don't forget it's as new to him as it is to you, just relax, enjoy your cuddles and look after yourself...don't stress all will be fine, you'll be throwing him round for fun soon.
My little boy loves doing supermans with daddy round the living room already :dohh:

Cx

you need to think of the good things too instead of worrying... i dont think you've made one positve post about how things are with your little boy

One thing I learnt from having my son is that they are only little for such a short period of time,enjoy it,you are doing the right thing by Nicky by being there for him and loving him,you'll get into the swing of it,just relax and you'll both be fine:hugs:

Hey mate, you need to relax and enjoy Nicky, not stress out so much.
When I had my first, I would worry about little things, but not like you hun. I do remember going into his room at night to check on him, to make sure all was fine.
You will be a wonderful mum mate, just relax and enjoy it, the 9mths is over, the birth is over, this is the fun part so enjoy.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->