weight loss

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
Sofar i have put on half a stone, im not sure whether that is a normal weight gain or not?

Im not looking to lose weight in pregnancy but to all the mums who have been there and lost the weight post pregnancy what did you find worked best for you exercise wise, diet wise etc?

In the last year or so pre pregnancy i have gone from a 10-12 to a 14-16 and weighed 13 and half stone before :bfp:!

Im now at 14 stone and its making me realise how i really want to get down to my natural size 10-12 once iv had Ruby, because my frame is tall and small the extra weight gain iv oput on in the last year makes me look stocky and lumpy and bumpy. Its really making me unhappy.

Im not binging during this pregnancy just trying to eating heathily and occasional slipping up lol.

Any advice would be lovely

Sorry its a long post but i just had to let it out as its getting to me

:cry:

Not sure if you plan on breastfeeding but I dropped an enourmous amount of weight simply from breastfeeding my first child. Good Luck!

Not sure if you plan on breastfeeding but I dropped an enourmous amount of weight simply from breastfeeding my first child. Good Luck!

I'm breastfeeding too and I'm having a hard time losing. I dont' eat horribly either. I just wanted to tell you that because everyone is different, I just think I have a VERY SLOW metabolism. :cry: (not fair). If I could go back in time, I would have walked every day paid closer attention to eating healthy instead of convience. Now I keep a food diary and work out when I can. I've been eating mainly chicken and veggies or Subway.

The amount of weight you put on just depends on what you weighed before hand, its normal to put on between 1-3 stone during pregnancy :)
I lost lots of weight BF i was back in size 10 in 2 weeks, dont worry about losing weight after. You'll really be more concerned about your baby than losing weight, thats really weird for me to say cos i was obsessed before i had her :)

Half a stone by 24 weeks is fine. Don't worry about how much you gain or how you will lose it afterwards, just try to enjoy being pregnant. BFing does usually help to bring weight down, and think of all the lovely activities you can do with your LO like swimming and baby yoga, walking to the park etc. It will all fall into place when you get there.

I think you're doing really well - I'm sure I put that on in the first tri!!! Remember that most of it is fluid, placenta, baby and breasts :) I think you can tell where / if you put on extra weight (my bottom and thighs have suffered a bit!!).

I'm not too worried about it all now. I plan on breastfeeding and baby wearing - I think the combination should go some way towards me shifting some weight (as well as being best for my baby which is the main reason I'm doing them!!!).

Enjoy your pregnancy and the odd slip up :hugs: xxx

As long as baby is growing and you weren't underweight to start with then there's no problem. I usually put on about 3 or 4 stone:blush:...this time I've not put a thing on. In fact I'm about 3lbs less than I was when I got pregnant.

Don't get hung up on the weight thing....everyone's different and there is no "normal".

I breastfed each time and didn't have any dramatic weight loss I'm afraid but some people do:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->