Weight watchers pro points not working :(

twilight28

Reaction score
Anyone else on the pro points plan? I started two weeks ago and I've gained a pound!! Not lost a thing!! :(

Have stuck to it, I walk around 5 miles a day to and from work, drink plenty of water so I don't know where I'm going wrong??? I'm aiming for 8-10lb loss so not a lot but I thought I would have at least lost a couple
of pounds by now? :shrug:

I'm on it an it worked at first but ive hit a brick wall recently. The old points system wa much better in my opinion.
What kinds of fruit and veg are you having? Because even though they are zero points, you can eat too much if you know what I mean?
XXX

I usually have an apple, banana and pear during the day and veg with our evening meal - might try and swap a couple of pieces of the fruit for salad veg at lunch and see if that makes a difference this week! I know it's only been a couple of weeks but it's so disheartening to have gained!! X

5 miles a day is a significant amount of exercise. Are you eating enough? Is it counted as part of your plan?

I havent done WW but arent you meant to add points the more exercize you do?

Are you eating all your daily points and your weeklies too?

If you are eating all your dailies and weeklies that could be why. I'm doing it, lost 12lbs in 4 weeks so working so far.

I always I lag behind by a week or two. When I start I see no difference then it starts to come off a coup,e of weeks later. Same when I have a "bad week" and eat every thing in sight, I continue to lose but then a couple of weeks later those extra ounces show up.

I'll second the eating all your points thing. Make sure you are adding what you are exercising off and adjust your intake. Also allow for those times your weight might naturally fluctuate e.g around the time of your period. I never lose weight the week before my period, no matter how little I eat.

Also, if you've only a little to lose, it does come off more slowly.

You should try using my fitness pal and logging everything you eat plus excersize, it may help you see why you are not losing

You could be turning your fat into muscle therefor it wont show on the scales but is actually doing good, its best to measure yourself. x

You could be turning your fat into muscle therefor it wont show on the scales but is actually doing good, its best to measure yourself. x

I was going to say this. Get the tape measure out - muscle weighs more than fat, but also burns up more calories so stick with it and you will see a difference - don't lose heart.

2 weeks is too soon for it to be muscle build up

did you always walk the 5 miles or is this a new thing?

It could be you are not eating enough calories to be losing

i burn around 700 on a 5 mile walk but i probably walk faster (jyst guessing you wont be arrivibg sweaty at work lol )

definitely log everything you eat calorie wise for a week then you can look back over it and see where you might need some changes

i usually eat back around half of my exersise calories every day

Are you logging everything you drink too?

I've not been bothering with mine over the summer holidays as I've been drinking alot more than I normally would lol.
You need to make sure you log everything you eat and drink and all exercise.

If you are not using your daily allowance then you might not be eating enough. Also as you've only just started you might find that you don't loose the first week or two and then you do loose some. Make sure you measure too. I didn't loose any weight the first week but I did loose a little onthe way of cms when I measured myself.

I was doing great on it until I had a week off and can't get back on it! Ive lost about 13 lb so far I used to eat all my weeklies and points but I also pointed everything including free foods. Measure too I found when I felt like I was heavier I'd actually lost 3 inches on my waist!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->