• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight?

justme00

Reaction score
I've ready that weight can prevent pregnancy. I am currently underweight and have been trying to put on some pounds in hope that it will help me get pregnant. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I have not dealt with this, but I do know it is extremely dangerous to be underweight and carry a baby, but also, it does depend how underweight you are and healthy......but it can also prevent you from conceiving. Hope this helps hun and good luck! :hugs:x

I'm the oposate end of the scale huni sorry x

Good luck putting on weight, - have you tried having complan as well as your normal meals? Sorry if I'm going over old ground - mam's a nurse

Being underweight can stop you having AFs and stop you ovulating, so yes it can stop you getting pregnant.

May be a good idea to see your doctor who would be able to suggest some options for putting some weight on healthily.

as mynxie says complan are great
i was slightly underweight as was my OH due to stress and we both had complan as they have some nutrients and vitamins and they helped me meet a healthy weight as advised by my gp
they are great after dinner and breakfast
all they are really are a milkshake
you should maybe give them a try and see how it goes
ps. each contains 250 calories

I am underweight 5ft 6inch and weigh 7st 4lbs..I have been trying to put on weight for ages I look healthy at 8st 6lb/9st...I felt I was never going to get a BFP but I got one last week...bit worried as I was 9st when I had my other 2 kids....but it just shows you can get pregnant.......I am going to thump the person who tells me I will come out in lumps if I swallow a spoon full of beans AAAGHH!!! It is nice to know I am not the only one who worries about to skinny!! Good Luck hope you get BFP very soon xx

I have heard underweight and overweight can both hinder your chances of becoming pregnant.

im 5'7 and weigh just over 7 stone. ive tried every method possible (that the doctor advised, nutritionist advised as wel as herbal and all sorts) and i still havent been able to gain weight. however i have been told by the doc that as my mum was tinier than me before she had my brother and i there are high chances i wont gain any until after/during preganancy. i just hope it doesnt affect my chances of conceiving... it is so frustrating... guess stress doesnt help either ttc or weight.:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->