Weightloss Sucess Stories

Babydance

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone had any weightloss sucess stories they could share for inspiration for some of us trying to loose weight?

Thank you ladies!! And also well done! :D xx

By 2003 (I was about 19-20), I was 160lbs at 5'5. I was on the fast food diet - I ate nothing but crap! It was terrible! I was so weak and flabby.

I decided to change. I lost weight over one year by eating healthy and counting calories, going to about 116-118lbs at 5'5.

In around 2005, I decided that being skinny and unfit wasn't all that great either, so I started weight lifting. Fast forward now to 2010, and I have put on a good amount of muscle mass (normally 123lbs). Of course, I'm pregnant now so I'm 134lbs at 20 weeks, but my baby weight doesn't count right now.

OH and I both work in a police department and fitness is a major point in our life - in fact, it's how we met!

I will never go back to being lazy and consuming crap food! I can't even stomach it anymore except the occasional pregnancy freakout.

My only advice is this-
It takes effort and dedication to lose weight and keep it off! Losing weight is the easier part - remaining on plan for the rest of your life is the most difficult. Your body was not meant to process crap processed foods - eat fresh greens and eat a fresh wild salmon!

Diets do not work. Diet pills do not work. ONLY a lifestyle change works. If losing weight, getting fit, and keeping that way was so easy, everyone would be fit and healthy. It takes work. When you are ready to work at it, results will come.

In September 2006 I was 20 and 183lbs/13stone at 5'3. HUGE! I decided I needed to sort it out so joined SparkPeople and started calorie counting. I lost about a stone by January and then fell off the wagon until about July 2007 and managed to maintain my weight loss. I then joined the gym and kept calorie counting and managed to lose another 7lbs before travelling for a month and maintaining that weight.

By the time I fell pregnant in October 2008 I'd managed to get down to 140lbs/10stone with a lot of hard work (and blips I have to confess). During pregnancy I gained all 3 stone back and only lost 10lbs after giving birth, 5lbs of which I regained 3 weeks later!

6months on I'm now 9st 8lbs/134lbs at 5'4. So I've lost 45lbs twice in the last 3years or so but I'm still going. Hoping to get down more as I'm still not happy with my body but I'm proud of myself for working hard at exercising and moderating my food intake, even if it has taken a long time to get here due to rubbish willpower!

By 2003 (I was about 19-20), I was 160lbs at 5'5. I was on the fast food diet - I ate nothing but crap! It was terrible! I was so weak and flabby.

I decided to change. I lost weight over one year by eating healthy and counting calories, going to about 116-118lbs at 5'5.

In around 2005, I decided that being skinny and unfit wasn't all that great either, so I started weight lifting. Fast forward now to 2010, and I have put on a good amount of muscle mass (normally 123lbs). Of course, I'm pregnant now so I'm 134lbs at 20 weeks, but my baby weight doesn't count right now.

OH and I both work in a police department and fitness is a major point in our life - in fact, it's how we met!

I will never go back to being lazy and consuming crap food! I can't even stomach it anymore except the occasional pregnancy freakout.

My only advice is this-
It takes effort and dedication to lose weight and keep it off! Losing weight is the easier part - remaining on plan for the rest of your life is the most difficult. Your body was not meant to process crap processed foods - eat fresh greens and eat a fresh wild salmon!

Diets do not work. Diet pills do not work. ONLY a lifestyle change works. If losing weight, getting fit, and keeping that way was so easy, everyone would be fit and healthy. It takes work. When you are ready to work at it, results will come.

Totally agree with this post.

I've lost 25lbs so far, 35lbs to go and it's all through sensible eating and exercise.

I've got my first session with a personal trainer tomorrow, and she's going to help me drop the weight, and get more into resistance training as I want to be able to lift too. I have my 'before' and 'during' pictures, now I'm looking forward to showing off the 'after'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->