Weird cervical mucus?

DuckyBlue

Reaction score
Hello!
We're trying for baby 1 so any signs/symptoms are new to me! I have a question that I'm struggling to find an answer to on Google so thought I'd ask here ...
This morning when I went to the toilet I noticed some cervical mucus on the toilet paper. It was a yellowish white, thick (I think, there was a small amount in a blob!), and stretched! I didn't feel it with my fingers so can't tell you the texture. Anyway my question is whether this is normal in the two week wait?
I don't usually get much cervical mucus at all, except around ovulation when it's very watery (never had the egg white that I know of). My cycles are very irregular, but I'm almost certain I ovulated last week - I'm just not sure which day! I've never seen cervical mucus like this after ovulation before and we've been trying to conceive for a few years now.
Unless I conceived on Tuesday or Wednesday last week it seems too early for implantation - according to Google - and so I wasn't sure if any symptoms can show up before implantation?
So, after all that explanation, I guess my question is whether this cervical mucus is normal in the two week wait? Is it too early for it to be a sign, considering I don't know when ovulation happened and therefore when to try and work out when implantation might happen? And would this usually be considered a good sign?

I get thick globs of yellow/opaque CM in the TWW so it can be normal. Some people say it's a sign of pregnancy but I think that would be more after when AF was due?
If it's a new thing for you then it may be a good sign...good luck.

I get thick globs of yellow/opaque CM in the TWW so it can be normal. Some people say it's a sign of pregnancy but I think that would be more after when AF was due?
If it's a new thing for you then it may be a good sign...good luck.

Thank you! What's AF? (Sorry am new here so haven't got to grips with all the abbreviations yet!)

No worries - AF = Aunt Flo (another name for your period)

Wow I never knew that!!

I'm not even sure when my next period is due thanks to my cycles being so irregular :( I'm thinking I just need to wait until next week to test? (According to the ovulation tests I was fertile last week and I'm pretty sure I ovulated last week too). Or maybe the week after if it doesn't show ... I hate waiting for anything! :rofl:

Yes maybe wait as long as you can until next week - good luck! (I will be testing next week too)

I only had that weird blob on Wednesday morning. Last night I had what looked a bit like snot (not thick snot, like the clear stuff you get when you blow your nose?) on the toilet paper. Again just once. It was mostly clear but a sort of pale yellowish white. I'm not sure how to describe it ... This is extremely unusual for me so keeping my fingers crossed!

Also, yesterday I had a sharp 2 second pain on the left side which was odd. This was followed by very mild, barely noticeable cramps, and a second 2 second pain later in the evening, but on the other side, so assuming it's nothing much. I've been cramping on and off since last week - I'm not exactly sure what day I ovulated. Again, very unusual for me!

Hi it's hard to say with cm.
My son is 5 months old now and I remember my cm being yellowy and I there was an increase. But I also get it when I'm not pregnant. Normoly not long b4 my period. The one thing about my CM in very early pregnancy but was different was that it was sometimes white and bitty. I had that b4 I got a positive test. Good luck hon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->