Weird Spotting/bleeding @ 5 weeks

sjr1215

Reaction score
Hey guys- wondering if anyone has had similar experience: Sunday I had some light brown spotting/discharge. Monday night had a couple of gushes with red mixed in and then back to brown spotting yesterday and today. Could this be due to the fact that these four days would have been my period? Went to doc who didn't seem overly concerned; just said it was too early to tell anything. No cramps or anything . This has me pretty on edge

I think you are fine, I had brown spotting from 5 weeks to 9 weeks and many other girls have had similar experiences. Its common. You could get your blood drawn a few times to make sure your hcg its rising, that's all you can do right now. Don't get a ultrasound until you are past 6 or 7 weeks, I had one at 5+3 and only saw the gestational sac and yolksac. It just caused more unnecessary worry . I had another one at 7+4 and saw the baby and heart beat :) everything seems to be going good

Thank you so much for your reply! They drew labs so well see what they say I suppose.

Oh good. When will you get your second lab? The important part is but the hcg number but if the numbers are doubling every 48 hours

He didn't say! He just said hell call me..I didn't even think to ask. I guess he'll tell me when they call.

With my first pregnancy I had the exactly the same thing, right about the time I would have had my period (not sure if coincidence). I let my Dr know and they did an early ultrasound. Everything was fine and my daughter was healthy. But bleeding can be sign of something serious so definitely make sure your doctor knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->