Weird symptoms for 4 weeks!

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
About 4 weeks ago I noticed swollen lymph nodes on each side of my jaw near the tonsillar regions. The left side was bigger than right. I noticed my right tonsil was slightly enlarged but no pain. At one point i also had a little swelling under my chin but that went away. The lymph nodes are still here after 4 weeks. I've been to to 2 different doctors because of these symptoms. I was convinced I had cancer but was told the nodes are small and mobile so that's not likely. I had dull jaw pain on and off for weeks.

Now recently, my other tonsil has become enlarged. (The left one). And it is painful to swallow. My neck hurts to the touch on that area. Now I'm getting so frustrated because I have no idea what could be wrong. And I have health anxiety so my mind is thinking it must be something horrible. I also have a lump a couple inches below my sternum. I don't know if that's related but its also driving me crazy.

I've lost my faith in the doctors in my area and I feel like I have nothing left to do but deal with it until I get very sick. 😟

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong because I don't!

Could it be tonsillitis or another kind of throat infection? Have the drs given you antibiotics? The lymph hands get swollen and can be painful when they are fighting off an infection, and it sounds to me like that is what is happening. I'd go back to the drs and ask for some antibiotics to give your body a helping hand x

It sounds like you have a sore throat! Glands/lymph nodes swell in response to infection and there can be all sorts of bugs around for them to fight off. Poking them can cause swelling too!

When you say a couple of inches below your sternum, where do you mean, your stomach/abdomen?

I plan on going very soon. I just don't know what kind of infection would go on for 4 weeks with no pain until now. It's very frustrating.

The lump is under my sternum between my ribs. It almost feels like its attached but it feels odd and like it shouldn't be there. OH thinks its a hernia but I don't remember doing anything strenuous enough to cause a hernia. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->