Welcome Chloe!

Emma.n.Chloe

Reaction score
My water broke at only 26 weeks + 3 days. After being in the hospital a week, labor progressed and I was taken in for a c section. Chloe arrived at 9:34pm on Sept. 14th. She weighed 1 lb 11 oz, at 12" long. She came out breathing and crying all on her own! Wide eyed and beautiful! The only medical assistance she has needed (other than ivs, eatting tube and monitors of course) has been the cpap to remind her to breathe. Our little girl is being so strong! Thank you every one at the Devos Childrens Hospital for helping her into the world! We cant wait to bring sweet little Chloe home!

Oh, and Chloe's apgar scores at birth were 8, and then 9 five minutes later!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! She'll be home before you know it! :hugs:

Congrats Hun she sounds like she's doing fantastic. Girls apparently do really well in these situations. My little girl was 1lb 8.5oz and sailed through the nicu without major problems and is 18 weeks now and perfectly fine.
They do so well it's amazing to witness

Congratulations!! What a strong little girl you have!!! xx

Chloe came off the cpap last night! Now shes breathing all by herself! Grow sweet baby, grow!

Congratulations - she's gorgeous!!

She's only a tiny bit smaller than Sophie was - she was born at 27 weeks and was 1lb 13oz and 13" long.

I can't believe she is off the CPAP already - that's amazing!! Sophie didn't get rid of hers until she got to about 37 weeks, and they didn't even try her off it till she was 31 weeks! xxxxx

The nurses and doctors are amazed by her breathing on her own! Im so glad to see her without the tubes in her face. She still forgets to breath a few times a day, but she picks up again by herself after a few seconds. They were very similar in gestation and size :) we are very new to this nicu idea... Anything you want to share or warn us of, we'd be glad to hear your story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->