Well after spending £27,000.....

sue_88

Reaction score
.......on my Food Science & Nutrition degree just found out my iron count is very low so have to start tablets immediately! :dohh: :dohh:

:haha: Indeed.

Told my mum and she also had to have iron tablets - part of me wondering if genetics can play a part? :shrug:

Anyhoo....got my tablets. 2 a day. Bleugh, I do wonder though if it's a contributing factor to my unbelievable tiredness!!

Sounds like it could be.

I'm pretty sure if you have an iron defiancy then you're diet wouldn't be to blame?!

You would know! How much of an iron rich food would you have to eat?

Fruit and vegetables these days don't contain as many vitimins as they used to. It's hardly worth eating them for nutritional value!

Yeah I have always been really confident on my diet, said that to my mum as I was quite surprised at the phone call from MW.

I have previously had low iron as I couldn't donate blood because of it but as I've never had a blood test aside from now when pregnant, I've never known :shrug:

Ahh well. One of those things I guess.

:dohh:

Careful with those tablets Sue, they made me feel wretched.

I've now managed to up my iron levels by diet and taking floradix instead, floradix is much more easily absorbed.

Not the case for everyone with the tabs but just thought I would mention if you start to feel a bit :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->