• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Well Hello, Aunt Flo

ttcinseattle

Reaction score
I'm very postpartum, but hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I started out on the mini pill and then around 9 months postpartum got my period - and then proceeded to get my period every week (heavy bleeding!) for a couple of months. I've now switched back to orthocyclen which I've been on most of my non-pregnant life. I've usually taken 3 months worth of active pills back to back (so no sugar pills/period for 3 months) on the advice of my doctor, and haven't ever had breakthrough bleeding issues. However, I've been on orthocyclen for 3 packs now, and each pack I get my period again a few days BEFORE I even run out of active pills. So now there's about 16 days where I'm not bleeding, 5 day period and repeat.

What gives? :shrug: Why are the active BCPs not stopping my period? I've always had a really long LP previously, and now it's super short? Did my 2nd pregnancy send my body into a tail spin? When I got my periods back after my 1st pregnancy, my LP was still 30-31 days as it has been my whole life. I wasn't actually planning on a 3rd pregnancy, but now I'm wondering if I'd even be able to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->