Well I just had an interesting thought....

kajastarlight

Number 3 on the way!
Reaction score
The month I conceaved this LO I was having some crazy bad abdominal pain. (and a bit of a TTC fit!) The result of that is I did not do any OPKs or any other method of trying to figure out when I ovulated and we only DTD on CD5 (while AF was still in town even!) and then not again until after I got my BFP. (because it hurt too bad to do it because of the "mysterious abdominal pain" ) So that means I actually ovulated anywhere from CD4 to CD10 (I don't wanna hear about how you don't ovulate when AF is in town.... I truely beleave that a woman typically doesn't ovulate durring certain known times but miricles/suprises/anomolies happen!)
My first (6.5ish weeks, again with the abdominal pain, it scarred me and we went in) scan showed I was 5 days ahead of what I would be if I had ovulated on CD14 like a normal person.... lol. But my 8 week scan showed I wa 3 days behind what I would be if I had ovulated on CD14 like a normal person! But I KNOW I could not have ovulated on CD14 because we only DTD on CD5 that month! Bah!!!
So now I wonder.... is my LO going to be a few days or even a week "early" and why would he have been measuring so far behind at my 8 week scan???

I'm kind of curious as well if the ovulation date has any bearing on when baby comes. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD17 or so, so I'm wondering if this baby's going to show up 3 days late as a result.

Sorry I don't have an answer! Just wondering sort of the same thing :)

I'm kind of curious as well if the ovulation date has any bearing on when baby comes. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD17 or so, so I'm wondering if this baby's going to show up 3 days late as a result.

Sorry I don't have an answer! Just wondering sort of the same thing :)

well maybe you will update when your LO comes :) and for you we have 7-10 days to find out!!! :happydance:

I don't think the ovulation date gives you any exact date the baby would come. If it did then IVF and iui babies would be guaranteed their due dates. I like to think of it more as a due month....they come on their own when they're ready.

The earliest scan is always the most accurate, even at that early of a stage they grow at their own rate but as for baby being born earlier I don't think it will happen because of that. I agree with pp about it being due month.

I knew the exact day I ovulated with dd and she was still 7 days late! She measured right on the whole time too. We only Dtd the day I ovulated this time (which was actually cd 22 I believe). My dating scan put baby 1 day earlier than I guessed for due date. I'm hoping this one decides to come a week or 2 early tho! Lol. I'm also measuring a week ahead so far.

RubysMommy - going over is the WORST!!! lol My DS2 went over by 4 days and that was torture enough....
I think I am just getting excited about the POTENTIAL that he could come earlier than we expect. haha. I know he will be done when he is done :) (well, my OB office won't let me go more than 2 weeks overdue, sooner if the pre-e gets me again.)

I hope he comes early for you too! I'm wishing it so hard for myself, as well! I am ready to not be pregnant again and enjoy some damn pancakes. Lol.

No real answer but I've been wondering about this myself because I was using OPKs/BBT/CBFM when I got pregnant and I'm confident that I ovulated on CD20, but when I went for my dating scan it fell in exactly with my LMP but would have put ovulation 6/7 days earlier than it actually was.

My OBGYN just laughed and said that I am probably right about ovulating early (well, of course I am..... lol) and it may or may not make a difference in the due date. He loves to say "Babies don't wear watches" LOL ya ya ya I know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->