Well I went to the Doctors........

mommy2raven

Mom to 2 wonderful girls
Reaction score
Because I was having shortness of breath, chest pains and diziness and they gave me blood tests and an ECG and they found out I had tachycardia and anemia. For the anemia I have to take an iron supplement in orange juice which is disgusting and eat red meat and oysters. Anemia I can deal with but tachycardia I have never heard of the doctors first language wasn't english and I'm confused basically he said its a very high heart rate and as long as I have no arrhythmias and it goes away within 30 mins I'm fine otherwise I have to take a tablet(that is safe and won't harm baby) but wondering if anybody knows anything else about it? or if anybody had it?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Hope everything is ok hon, haven't seen you in awhile :hugs:

no I didn't but I am so breathless already and only 21 weeks, have far on are you Mommy2raven?

it's a word used a lot on holby city etc - i understood it was a fast heart beat.

you can eat oysters? cooked? I thought we should avoid shellfish?

it's a word used a lot on holby city etc - i understood it was a fast heart beat.

you can eat oysters? cooked? I thought we should avoid shellfish?

Doc said they are the best source of iron and I have to cook them but 3 or 4 a week is fine.

x x x x x x

Tachycardia is when you heart beats slightly faster.
Being anemic can cause this to happen as you are trying to circulate the oxygen rich blood around faster. You heart works harder when you are pregnant anyway due to having more blood in your body.
also if you were attached to an electrocardiogram you were probably feeling anxious and worried.
If you feel your symptoms coming on, or your heart speeding up, take time out and try to relax. Try not to worry yourself and take things easy. You will probably find that treating the anemia will improve matters.

If you are unclear or worried about anything though you need to get in touch with them again, and maybe ask a nurse for clarification, doctors sometimes forget that you don't understand everything they say, and that due to being stressed you may forget a lot anyways. Never be afraid to ask what they mean.

take care and be nice to yourself :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->