Well THATS something I hope I never have to wake up to again!!

Jcliff

Reaction score
this morning I woke up with this terrible pain in my right rib cage. It was awful!! I put my hand over my stomach and realize, yeah my babys foot was literally stuck in my ribs!! I started to panic and woke up with my husband, I almost had him take me to the hospital, it scared me to death. I got up to get dressed, baby woke up and started to move around...I literally helped her move the foot. oh my goodness. Does this happen often towards the end???? my torso is really short so Im beginning to think she is really cramped!! :shrug::wacko:

It happened to me only one time, at bedtime around 30 weeks or so... It was horrendous pain that lasted about 1 and a half hours... until she finally moved her foot. I am now 39 plus 4 and it hasn't happened again, so I hope it's a one time thing for you, too!

My favorite thing in the world is the yoga ball. I am also short torso'd and get limbs stuck in my ribs often. Leaning over the yoga ball creates a hammock of sorts and gives the baby a little extra room to wiggle out of my ribs :)

I forgot to add that getting up and moving around does help a little bit. It just might take some time if the baby's really lodged in there!

I had a foot in my ribs for two weeks. She finally moved it last week. Oh the relief!! It hurt to sit, to sleep, to walk, to breathe, everything!! x

My friend who had this used to put a bag of frozen peas where the foot was to encourage baby to move it! Might be worth a try :)

My baby has her butt stuck up in my ribs- I went for an ultrasound monday and they confirmed that yes, that's her little butt jammed up there. It's horribly painful especially sitting at my desk at work, I try to massage it down but it doesn't work well. I'm pretty small- 5'1" - so I don't know where she is going to go from here on!

Apart from a few very strong rib kicks, I haven't had anything of the sort. Hope it was just a once off for you, sounds painful!

I've had baby pushing or lodging his feet into my ribs all day today. Hurts badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->