Well written story, thought I'd share!

Hope16

Reaction score
I came across this article and I thought it was so well written and inspiring....almost like a warm hug from a good friend.

"Ever since losing my daughter when I was just 24 weeks pregnant, I've dreamed of becoming a superhero. When I read or hear about another family that's experienced a stillbirth, I want to don a disguise and fly to the mother’s side. I want to guard her front door, answer her phone, manage her Facebook account, intercept her text messages, anything that can shield her from the well-meaning, yet often thoughtless behavior of people.

I want to tell her this sucks. That no matter how many people tell you that “nature takes its course” or that “God has a purpose” or that “everything happens for a reason,” that what happened isn’t part of any higher plan or purpose. It just happened, and it’s awful. And that there are other women out there who know what it’s like, who can offer the support - physical and emotional - that you need, who can show you that you can and will survive.

Essentially, I want to offer her the protection that I didn’t have.

I don’t think you can prepare for a stillbirth - to prepare would be to give up hope, to imagine the worst. But now, looking back, I do wish that we as a society talked about it more. I think my desire to help is because birth has become so medical, has left the hands of midwives and women who would pass this knowledge on to other midwives and women. Stillbirths are not rare, but we don’t talk about them. And this needs to change. We need to share our stories, our heartbreak and our survival. It's the only way to move forward, remember our lost children, and honor our experience."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->