Were you on BCP before getting BFP?

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
Hey, Just wondering about some people's experience with birth control pills. I like getting first hand comments now, instead of what other information websites and stuff say....

How many months after stopping the pill did you fall pregnant?

Have you ever experienced a MC from a pregnancy that happened the first month off the pills?

Did you NTNP or TTC coming off the BCP?

My baby was conceived first cycle off the pill, 7 days into the cycle. We went straight to TTC as I have RA and had to drop my meds months in advance. No MC, just had a doctor appointment today, there's a little heart beating around 155 in there :) I don't take stock in all of the horror stories too much about no period off the pill etc because people like to complain about their terrible experiences on the internet. I assume for every negative story of coming off, there is a positive one as well.

So You ovulated on CD 7? Where you temping and could see that?

Was on birth control for 5 years and I had two periods before I got pregnant.

I was on the pill for 6 years prior. The first cycle I actively TTC (charting, temping, etc) but got frustrated because it made our time together feel kind of like a chore to schedule in. Second cycle we did NTNP and just enjoyed being together, and I got my BFP that month. :)

Never had a miscarriage as far as I know.

So You ovulated on CD 7? Where you temping and could see that?

Ultrasound dated me an entire week ahead of a 28 day cycle ovulation on CD 14, so no temping, but I had already conceived by that point. US dating is fairly accurate IMO. I couldn't get an NT or the blood work as baby was suddenly too big! :haha:

I came of bcp on the 26th of september and got my bfp 22nd of October. Waiting for my scan on 18th of Nov.

I was on bcp for about 5 months before i came off i got a bfp the cycle i came off we were ttc but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy, my next cycle after that was a wierd one, then on my 3rd month i went on holiday and only had sex 2-3 days before ovulation and nothing for 6 days after and was very suprised to get my bfp when i got back :) saw my little bean on a scan on tuesday, my sac measures only 4 weeks 5 days and i should have been 6 weeks but i have a yolk sac and fetal pole and the midwife thinks we saw the heartbeat aswell i go back on tuesday and hopefully we see the heartbeat and my sac has grew because i have been drinking loads of water to try and help lol xx

not the answer your looking for but I fell pregnant on the pill with my daughter lol I was very forgetful though and would sometimes go 2-3 days without taking it so there really was no wonder I got pregnant.

On cerazette for at least 6 years, came off and thirteen weeks later bfp! No period except slight spotting a few days after stopping xx

Never been on bc :haha: I was using the tracking when I ovulated to not get pregnant and it was working great, until I got confused and usually dh would use condoms as well except that ONE time :dohh: and now I'm pregnant again :haha:

I was on the BCP Nordette. We stopped the pill 7/18/2013 to TTC and became pregnant first cycle. Got my BFP 8/23/2013 at 3 weeks, 5 days pregnant. I conceived first cycle with both my children though my first I wasn't on birth control.

I fell pregnant the first cycle after stopping the pill last year (I was on it for 10 years). Unfortunately I did end up having a mmc which was discovered at the 12 week scan. I'm now pregnant again and my due date is tomorrow!

I do know other people that fell pregnant their first cycle who also miscarried but also some that had a perfectly healthy baby.

I had been on Cerazette. I ovulated 3 weeks exactly after stopping it and my cycles luckily returned straightaway.

I had been charting my cycles but that was from a wanting to know that I was ovulating rather than a timing of sex effort. We actively prevented during my fertile phase for 2 cycles and then NTNP for 2 cycles. Got my BFP on the 2nd cycle :)

How many months after stopping the pill did you fall pregnant?

Four, the first time (which ended in a MC). Got pregnant again the fifth cycle after that.

Have you ever experienced a MC from a pregnancy that happened the first month off the pills?

No. (And I have no reason to believe the MC mentioned above had to do with having been on the pill.)

Did you NTNP or TTC coming off the BCP?

Neither--we used condoms for the first three cycles after I came off because I wanted to make sure my cycle was totally back to normal before we started trying. (So, while I got pregnant the fourth cycle after coming off the pill, it was our first cycle trying.)

I was on the bcp for 2 and a half years when I came off ttc. My periods went into absolutely overdrive and it took us 6 months of actively trying until I fell pregnant and that was only by chance. I've been off the pill in previous years (just to give my body a rest) and cycles went straight into my regular 28 day so I've no idea why it changed this time round. We struggled though as my periods were every 3 weeks to 3months and temping/opk were pointless. We had tests and it turns out the pill had stopped me ovulating so we were told to have sex every 2-3 days just in case my body started to work normally again and one random day I did a test on a whim and it came up positive! I ovulated by chance randomly and luckily there was a constant supply of sperm there waiting. I had such a horrific experience with the stress and the not knowing when periods would come that I've decided I will never ever go back on it. I've had friends who have conceived the first cycle after bcp & others who have taken upto a year , it all depends on the person!

I was on the bcp for a while before coming off. We had decided to come off to try for a baby and I got impatient and stopped a week before my actual pack finished. Plus I had read that stopping mid cycle or before your pack finishes can cause you to become more fertile as your hormones go crazy or something. I'm not to sure if there is much truth in it but hey ho.

I had a withdrawal bleed and then tried temping and using opks to try and see if I would even ovulate. Part of this is because we were ntnp but more trying. But also because I wanted to get to know my own body and know when to expect a period. I started temping half way thru cycle though so it wasn't very accurate.

Anyways we fell pregnant that cycle so I didn't actually have a period after coming off the pill. I am now 29 weeks pregnant and did have some spotting in early pregnancy, but all was well :)

I was still on the pills then found out I was pregnant. The dating scan that confirmed it showed me I was 11 or 12 weeks pregnant. So. Yeah. I had been pregnant all that time while on the pills and didn't even know it. Took my pills religiously too, as I was trying to NOT get pregnant, obviously. But yeah, it happened so here I am. Sorry, my post doesn't help at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->