Wet or Dry pailing?

chuck

Reaction score
We're embarking on having a fluffly bum baba come xmas and want to use the BumGenius AIO's...they look good and seem to offer everything we want ..... but whats better to wet or dry pail?

Should we have a bucket of nappysan or similar to pop soiled/wet inserts/nappies into or just flush the liner rinse the nappy if needed and pop into a dry bucket?

Some diapers you can't have soaking in a wet pail so depends on your diapers. But I personally like a dry pail better...I think leaving stuff wet makes it stink. I just had a regular trash can with a pail liner and lid...tossed them in there and then from there to the wash :)

yeah, because of the elastic and velcro in some modern cloth nappies, it's not always recommended that they're soaked in Napisan as it can shorten their life; washing at 60C or 40C once past the newborn stage is enough to sanitise.

I dry-pail - I rinse the dirty nappies, fleece liners, inserts and wraps but just pop them straight in the bucket if they're wet only. then I do a cold rinse cycle before washing at 60C. dealing with liquid in the bucket isn't very pleasant so I keep it all as dry as I can, though t's not completely dry because of the rinsed dirty ones.

I use BG AIOs and dry pail. I have a mesh bag on the inside of the bucket so I don't have to individually take the nappies out I just chuck the whole lot in the machine. I put a bit of cloth with lavender or tea tree oil in the bucket with the nappies to keep them smelling nice. I also use fleece liners and just rinse them off if they have poo on and chuck them in the bucket.

:)

Thanks guys....the re-useable thing is all new to us, we don't know anyone thats ever used them...well not since our folks and terry squares!

We use terry squares and Pop-Ins for night times, and I only ever dry pail :) We rinse the fleece liners if there's poo (some poo doesn't even stick to them so sometimes we just flick it off down the loo!) or if there's no poo we just chuck everything (apart from wraps, but you won't have that complication with AIOs of course :) ) into the dry bucket. I put a bit of fleece in the bottom with a few drops of tea tree oil on it and it works great to keep the smells down. It's lidded, of course :)

Good luck with your new LO, have a happy cloth bum christmas!!

Shadow xx

We dry pail too :D Like the others, I just rinse the liners or anything with poo on and pop in the bucket :)

i dry pail too! the thought of having to stick my hand into cold stinky water churns my stomach!! I just stick a couple of drops of tea tree oil in the bottom and that keeps smells etc at bay and i just empty it into the washing machine at night ready to hang out/tumble in the morning!!

Jup planning to dry pail with my Christmas baby too ;)
Ive bought a range of AIO's aswell as pockets (most of them Bum genious!) and it recommended on their website to dry pal!!!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->