We've adopted the elf!

Bevziibubble

Reaction score

Holly has been absolutely breaking her heart about the thought of our elf going back to Santa tonight. She rarely cries so much, she was heartbroken. It made me cry too and I honestly couldn't do it to her. DH saw the state we were both in and he phoned santa and we have been allowed to adopt the elf but he won't do any magic until next December. Oh my goodness she was crying with happiness she was so overwhelmed :cloud9: I can't believe how much I cried over a bloody elf but she was absolutely heartbroken I just couldn't do it! She most likely won't believe in a few more years and I just can't break her heart when she's this attached to him.

Awe bless you. I would have done the same thing. Good thinking of your husband X

Aww I'm glad you agree with what we've done. I was so worried we had done something wrong but after seeing her so heartbroken I cannot put her through that. She's still scared that he's going to be rebellious and go back to Santa. She has been cuddling him all day <3

Bless her heart. There is no rules so nothing is right or wrong :flower: At least she understands that he won't do any fun things until December! My nephew has an elf which sticks around all year then 3 which come in December, so you're not alone :)

Awww I can totally relate !! DD2 was distraught at the thought of the elves going back to Santa so we have told her that Santa has left them to make sure they like their new toys but like you said they won’t do any more magic . We totally did the right thing ! I can’t have a heartbroken child on Christmas !

I’m sure in a few days they will move on from the elves, especially if they are not upto mischief!

Mine was upset they were leaving but seemed fine with the explanation they had to help santa santa and we left them a chocolate each.

Perhaps she could have another one next year who takes the one she has now back to Santa. One of ours we won in a raffle and they both do the ''magic"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->