what a day (rant)

snoopchick82

Reaction score
So i had an appt with my consultant for my pre op today at 2pm... Mil came with me to help look after dd and just to be there for me (thank god)...
Sitting in the waiting room time was ticking looked at the clock 2:45pm ok so i know they can run late but mil started noticing people coming in after us and getting seen straight away (que hormonal pregnant lady) i waddle up to the receptionist and asked in a polite manner i swear how much longer will it be... Her response was oh havent they seen u yet ur next it... Happy with that i sit back down my this time dd was getting abit bored bless her... 4 more names being called thru we started to wonder if we were ever gonna get seen.. So ( que pissed off mil) went up to reception and asked again how much longer... The receptionist finally admitted that cos i was a add on from monday they had totally forgot about me so the poor nurses where running around getting my notes and pre op assesment form sorted... 3:35 i get called in see the numbing man (cant spell anthetist??) which by the time he had finished talking my mind was everywhere... Then midwife came in and gave me steriods for babys lungs... Then proceeded to go thru the aftercare by that time ive got a very boted 2 year old and a worried mil has fil had dentist appt at 4:50 amd time was now 4:25... Finally got home at 5:30... Got to go back tomorrow for anotjer steriod injection... Just hope im remembered...

Sorry for.long post but needed to rant oh is at work lol

What. Butts! Not the same but when I was yyounger I had an app and they forgot to check me in. Uh hello what do you think I'm doing sitting in here all alone? Then they told me to come back another day cuz it was lunch time...all I needed was a dang shot!

Oh man that sucks :(. Waiting is rubbish at the best of times but having people going in before you when they arrived later and having a toddler with you- gah!

I thought babies were classed as term at 37 weeks hun, how come they were giving you steroids? :/

When you go to reception tomo, tell them what happened yesterday, even if it's the same receptionist, and say you wont wait that long today, you have a little one to look after, so they need to fit you in properly. kick some butt!!

Although she is classed as term they just wanted to give her a lil help because babies are still growing an developing which they seem to do better within the womb.... Luckily tomorrow they have put me to another department where i will get seen straight away x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->