What activies to you do while wearing your baby?

Rydia

1 Boy & 1 Girl
Reaction score
I carry my son around while vaccuming (he loves it for some reason), cleaning and tidying up until he gets bored. I also have taken him out on the bus to go shopping once a week and he enjoys that. I have an outdoors back carrier that my OH and i have taken him on some walks with and I plan to use it alot more when the weather warms up. What do you do with your baby?

everything!
Including mucking out my horses stables, filling hayets, cleaning, going for walks....only time I take him off seems to be when I ride..safety issues!

Everything too, all housework, walks, food shopping, other shopping, going on the swings (lol) not much we don't do whilst slinging, lol.

Embarrassing question time! :blush:
As a complete novice in the baby department in general anyway, but VERY keen on slinging as much as possible, what do you do when YOU need the loo? Do you taken them off or leave them attached? And do you think what you do might change with their age?
Also - cooking, putting the kettle on etc? I mean, I recognise fully safety aspects however I never would hold the hot water/knife over any point of my own body, so it wouldn't be near to them (example being making a cuppa, the kettle is at arms length sort of thing).
Thank you! :flower:

As a complete novice in the baby department in general anyway, but VERY keen on slinging as much as possible, what do you do when YOU need the loo? Do you taken them off or leave them attached? And do you think what you do might change with their age?
Also - cooking, putting the kettle on etc? I mean, I recognise fully safety aspects however I never would hold the hot water/knife over any point of my own body, so it wouldn't be near to them (example being making a cuppa, the kettle is at arms length sort of thing).

I go to the loo with Liam in his sling! ;) I hardly cook at the moment but I would definitely do some "safe" stuff with him too. Safe as in opposed to draining pasta, for instance. Or using an electric knife.

I leave him in the sling to go to the loo...dont need to take him off. Would probably be an entirelly different matter as a toddler in a back carry but by then he will probably be exclusively in a connecta so quicker to take off/put on than the wraps.
I will make cups of tea with him in the wrap but I dont cook with him in there as in dealing with very hot pans, trays etc but I did bake a cake with him in there the other day, I just timed it so that OH could fish the cake out for me :)

I go to the loo all the time with Freya in the sling, and always have! Also go loads out and about, have had the odd slightly stuck moment and get a few odd looks after struggling out of a cubicle sometimes! You get very good at doing everything (trousers up etc) without looking, lol.

I cook and makes cups of tea etc, but always make sure it is far away or if not Freya is on my back, which is most likely anyway.

i have tried to cook with Daisy in my Moby but it wasnt very succesful - she was in a back carry at first and could wriggle too much it didnt feel safe so i switched to a front and i couldnt stand far enough from the pans for her not to be able to reach, tho i'll probs be doin cooking etc in my woven with a back carry :)

If I'm cooking I give Freya a spoon or something clean and not messy to eat, it stops her wriggling! Then I just have to be super quick, lol.

does anyone do busses with a Back carry??? We get the bus lots and i am trying to get my head around if i need to shae a seat with someone or something like that :dohh: sorry to Hijack!

Enola what sling have you chosen??

One of each :D Got an Ellaroo padded ring sling, a Wrapsody wrap and a Mypouch Mei Tai style carrier that has rings instead of tying/buckles...

Then, of course, we will just NEED a Connecta or BabyHawk soon too....:happydance:

Thank you for everyone's help with the questions :thumbup:

Can i ask a really stupid question please, is a sling the same as a carrier?, i have a Baby Bjorn carrier and Myles loves it. Is there a time limit he is allowed to stay in it?.

Many thanks

I do housework, hoovering, some cooking but not much as Helen faces me and now gets cross when she can't see what I'm doing. I also wear her when I'm walking my great danes and when I go to the toilet. Only time I don't really wear her is clothes shopping but I rarely do that these days!

I mostly carry him when I am walking or shopping (in and out of high street rather than supermarket shopping). Want to find a way to do more household things with him though so looking into other slings.

Yeah, clothes shopping is impossible these days, he doesn't like it if the pram or carrier is not moving. And he doesn't sit by himself yet, so changing rooms are a bit of a nightmare!

does anyone do busses with a Back carry??? We get the bus lots and i am trying to get my head around if i need to shae a seat with someone or something like that :dohh: sorry to Hijack!

I do - all the time. I stand for short journeys or if it is very busy. If there is no-one using the front seats by the buggy space I sit there so I can lean forwards resting my arms on my legs or sit forward on the edge of the seat - he tends to stand up in the sling by putting his feet down on the seat. If I have to sit in another seat I just sit slightly sideways so he has room - people tend to be pretty good about not forcing you to move over when they see the baby.

I put him in the sling for shopping, travelling to and from nursery, social occasions such as a pub lunch or afternoon party etc. I also gardened in it today - although we did get stuck in the greenhouse!

I still go to the loo with Jack in the babyhawk, both in front and back carries. There is noway I'm putting him on a dirty public loo floor, and I know what he's up to so no chance of him eating the bog roll etc.

I did everything and still no most things with him in it. We even clean the windows and he has a cloth to help.

I had him in the front carry today and he open the button on my shirt, and put his head on my chest and his thumb in and went to sleep, it was a proud snuggly mummy moment

I've just received my MobyD and I've been doing loads of chores around the house like washing and cleaning - LO seems nice and content to be near me and I get lots done!! Not had the courage to go out and about yet. Sounds a really daft question, but when you're out and about with LO (ie walking the dogs) how many layers of clothes do you use on them if you use a wrap like a Moby. Do you dress them as usual and wear the wrap over your coat/fleece or zip up a coat around them? Just wondering as they're held close to you they'll get some warmth from you.
Rx

In the snow I borrowed a waterproof coat from dad that zipped up around us both but now I put his coat on and but my coat on and half the time I end up taking his off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->