what age did everyone start giving baby rice to ur babies?

Izzy had some at just over 4 months...I say some because she didn't like it at all and so we moved swifty on lol
Cant blame her...it does taste awful

You don't have to start with baby rice. We started offering solids at 6 months and never any baby rice.

At 5,5 months. I really didnt want any solids at ALL until 6 months and we were away in South Africa visitn all our friends so i had wanted to start aolids in a home environment..
anyway he seemed super ready grabbing all our foods and I got the gist he needed more so we started one rice cereal feed a day, at 6 months and a week we moved onto proper solids 3 x a day :)

we started weaning at 6 months but has only ever had our food as he never like baby food! which worked out better because otherwise u have to wean them twice 1st on to baby food then on to our food

ARchie didn't have baby rice he just started on fruits and veggies at 6 months! x

you could give baby rice mixed with fruit or veg, the book I have recommends doing that as the rice is more filling.

We only use rice to thicken fruit and veg purees. The rice on its own seems a little pointless. There's no taste, it's just like giving them really thick milk, or wallpaper paste.

My theory is that weaning with baby rice, you can mix it with their own milk and there is no exact taste to it so baby is just getting used to the feeling of thicker food in their mouth. I plan on starting with the rice on its own just to get him used to eating from the spoon and as the days go on i will move onto veg and fruit purees/cereals after a week or so etc. The way i see it all babies are used to is bland milk so giving them the rice for a few days wont make much difference to that lol however if he doesn't like it i will move on swiftly x

thanks for the tips girls its helped me loads xxx

we started connah on purees at 5months 1week but never gave baby rice,just pureed veg x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->