What am I doing wrong?

baby09

Reaction score
Am I just lazy? How do people (mums/dads) juggle EVERYTHING???

How do u make homemade butternut squash soup and do 17 loads of washing and tidy the house and take kids to soft play and remember to buy birthday cards for friends and bake cakes and wash the windows?!!!???!!!

Argh!!! :dohh:

Sorry about that :haha: seriously though how does everyone balance everything perfectly?

:flower:

ermmmmm i guess for me its just keeping on top of things and prioritising... nothing gets done if im sitting on my backside LOL although i do that alot for my well earned tea breaks :haha:.....as for remembering things i write EVERYTHING on my calender!!!

Ive never met a parent who has everything perfectly balanced,I certainly havent figured it out and ive been a mum for 10 years lol.

Learn to let some things slide,make a list and get one/two things done each day.

I wouls say time management. Which I am useless at. So far the only rule I have mastered is to never leave a room empty handed........take things back to their place as you go, and also to avoid 'down time'.

If the kettle is boiling OR am using the Micro I will do some washing up, or put some away or do the laundry. If I go out I put the washing machine on timer to be done when I get in. I go to the loo, and when I wash my hands I give the sink a clean to. I will clean the shower after I use it. If I go out I make sure I take any rubbish out to the bin. I give Emma a big wash bag thing to play with and she knows to stick all her toys in it when done so I can haul it back to her room.

I do also utalise the electronic babysitter when I have a shower - it used to be easier before as Emma would come in with me but she is now deciding not to wash so I just stick clothes on her then do me.

I also found that getting up on time helps............and try not to EVER get itll (haha) I was struck with a sciatic bout on sunday and did nothing in the evening and so on Monday I slept in - only 1 hour - and so had all that stuff to do on top of normal stuff.

I have also learned to say NO to people who ask me to do things that would mess up my schedule, just because they dont want to do them when I am actually free.

I also do NOT dust or hoover every day, there is no need for it.

I don't really. I prioritise what NEEDS done first then do other bits if I find time. Today I've washed a load of nappies, emptied and reloaded dishwasher and emptied it again, bathed both kids, 2 loads of washing and done a general tidy up. I still want to strip,change the beds but meh, if it doesnt get done today then so what.

I dont, I just delegate one of the less urgent tasks to another day when its less hectic.

I don't get dressed or washed on days when I'm home! :haha: saves me tons of time!

I have home days and out days. Home days I look like a tink and do all the domestic goddess crap and out days I spend half the morning dragging a brush through my hair just to go to soft play or tesco! lol

Oh and I live in a 2 bed flat..cleaning is much quicker! hahaa

My house is a tip, I have a mountain of washing dirty and clean, I used a baby wipe o the bathroom before dh came home yesterday :haha: and did the washing up in lo afternoon nap time. I'm on here when I feed lo which I combine with eating or a cup of tea.
x

LISTS!!! i write lists every day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"