What are the obvious sign for women who are breastfeeding and then being pregnant?

Daisy29

Reaction score
Hi, I wondered if anyone could bring any light/hope. I have been breastfeeding for 13 months, first period arrived last month. I breastfeed once in the morning and evening. We weren't using any contraception until the period arrived. Within the last month, max, we weren't careful for two occasions. I'm now nearly two weeks late. Does it take a while for periods to regulate whilst breastfeeding? Not ready for another so soon. Thanks :thumbup:

It definitely can take a while to regulate. I got my first cycle around 9 months PP, but it was 6 weeks to my next one. My cycle then slowly settled into an every 30/31 days deal, but I don't think I was ovulating until I fully weaned my son at 22 months.

Yes, it can take a while to regulate and just a word of caution, you can ovulate before your first period even shows, got a selection of kids to prove it:) I would test if I were you just to rule it out, GL :)

Ok, thanks guys. Hopefully it's just regulating. Will take test tomo to rule it out...

Hi, just to update the thread, in case anyone in future searches a similar question. I’m pregnant 🙈😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->