What are these bumps (with pics)?

dimmu

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

DD who is five has been getting these bumps on her body, mainly lower abdomen, upper thighs and buttocks over the last week or so. There are only a few at the time, and they crust over after a few days. She appears well, they are not itchy or anything. She has had chickenpox and is fully vaccinated. She has eczema which usually gets worse in winter and I have to moisturise her skin every day and use cortisone cream whenever it gets worse.

At first we thought maybe they are some sort of insect bites, but the areas where she has them, such as under her underwear, suggest otherwise.

Any ideas what they could be? We haven't taken her to doctor's yet as they don't seem to bother her.

https://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/hmh3101/20160116_112302-320x180_zpssdah7lr9.jpg

https://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/hmh3101/20160116_113356-320x180_zpsctb244vx.jpg

Did she have a cold recently? DS used to get those after a viral infection and the rash is usually viral & doesn't need any medication.

They remind me of something I once saw on Embarrassing Bodies. The woman had bumps that looked similar to those on your daughters skin. They were just a viral infection I think, contagious but not harmful in anyway. I'd take her to the Dr's just to have it checked out.

Thank you OmarsMum and Bingo for your responses.

DD had a cold with some mild temperature over xmas holidays but there was at least a week between her being ill and the bumps appearing. I'm pretty sure I detected the bumps pretty early on because I always keep a close eye on her skin because of the eczema. I do wonder if it could be something viral nonetheless, it just strange how they don't seem to bother her at all.
I might see if I could get her GP appointment next week anyway, even though I guess there's not much they can do if it is viral. I have been putting it off as it's virtually impossible to get routine appointments for late afternoons/evenings without few weeks' notice. You can get same day emergency appointments in the mornings but it would mean keeping her out of school which seems a bit futile when she's not poorly, and of course It is not an emergency.

They look like molluscum contagiousum to me- harmless but a pain in the neck as they take a long time to clear up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->