What are you buying for the MIL?

chezziepie

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
We seriously have no idea. She had DH late in life and she's still travelling the world just no idea what to get her she lives by the sea has a lovely home and travels as she pleases. I need inspiration :flower::thumbup:

My MIL has asked us for a decent sized photo of all of us together, in a lovely frame. So that's what I'm doing haha.

A Yankee candle set! Two small tumbler candles. She likes candles but wouldn't buy them for herself

I'm struggling for ideas too. So far for my mil I've got her the new martina cole book

A pair of earings picked out by the kids and a photo frame with lots of pictures of the kids. Plus a disc of photos of kids ( she has only been asking OH for one for 4 years. )

Bought my mil a ticket to see Cinderella pantomime in local theatre on 21st December with dd. She's been asking to take her for years but this Is first year I know she will sit through it and they will spend day together Doing that. Leaves me free to do grocery shop alone so win win 👍🏻

Probably things like bath stuff or perfume as she's into things like that.
A family photo would be a nice idea :)

A woodwick candle and pair of fluffy socks x

We will be doing framed photo of the kids and then probably a voucher or some smellies smells and chocolate. Last year We did hamper we made up from farm shop which they appreciated as theydont have anywhere similar local to them

I got mine a sanctuary gift box when it was half price at boots.

We got MIL 2 seasons of NCIS on DVD that she wants, a snowman travel coffee mug, a RTIC stainless steel tumbler and stainless steel straws, and a snowman table runner.

A Tarte make up set, Yankee candle gift set, molton brown hand wash and cream for work, nails inc gel polish set, cross stitch kit and a Kipling scarf.

A hamper of local produce. We live in the Lake District so things like Gingerbread & mint cake!

Ugh, I have no idea what to get ours.
We don't have the best relationship with MIL but she has been in contact recently asking what to get the kids etc. I was just going to get her a gift voucher but now I wonder if we should get her something else.
She doesn't really display photos, isn't very house proud, she loves herself more than anyone (harsh but true). She likes a drink and sparkly things. Her perfumes and creams before but she only likes what she likes. Can't be doing with it to be honest!
Q

I have no idea to be honest. I'll be going to a craft show put on by some local artisans in a couple weeks, I'm hoping to find something there, some cute ornaments or jewelry or something. She's hard to buy for, doesn't really like very much of what we've gotten her unless it's wine tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->