What are you having for Christmas Dinner?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I'm making it this year. We are going to have turkey, gammon, roast potatoes, stuffing, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire pudding, parsnips, broccoli and sprouts :munch:

I don't think I will be doing a starter as the mains is so big. Dessert will be miniature party cakes

No starter
Turkey, mash, roasties, Yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets, parsnips, roasted carrots, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, sprouts for the kids (weird I know haha) and broccoli for me, mashed turnip,
Pudding will be trifle

We're having turkey, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, parsnips, stuffing, Yorkshire's (DDs insist).

I got DH and I a small new York cheesecake. The girls I got Christmas tree ice Lolly's. May make a jelly for them too.

EDIT: DH is requesting swede and idI like cabbage....the girls probably wouldn't try either.

Last edited:
Meat - chicken (don't like turkey) and gammon.
Trimmings - carrots (plus roasted), roasted parsnips, green cabbage, stuffing, mash, roasties, broccoli, cauliflower and yorkies. OH will have pigs in blankets.

Dessert - homemade nutella cheesecake.

Going out for dinner. First time ever. It's like a carvery.

No starter.
Turket, roast potatoes, yorkshires, pigs in blankets, sprouts, carrots, parsnips, peas, stuffing. Spinach and ricotta parcels for my veggie friend. DH cooks.
Think I'm going to make lemon tart for pudding.

Yuuuuum. We’re at the in laws as usual. We have Turkey and Gammon with every vegetable and potato variety you can think of then home made trifle, made with 3742 litres of sherry and profiteroles lol. Can’t wait!!

Roast beef and gammon with roast potatoes, parsnips, mash, red cabbage, cauliflower cheese, brussels, stuffing, pigs in blankets, veg, Yorkshire puddings for main

Millionaire trifle or snow bomb for pudding

No starter here either. We've got pork, roast potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings, honey roast parsnips, veg, pigs in blankets, sprouts, gravy. Got Christmas pudding and brandy sauce or chocolate and orange viennetta for dessert.

DH will have something light like smoked salmon blinis as a starter, nothing for the rest of us.
Turkey, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese if DH wants it, roast carrots & parsnips, sprouts with chestnuts & bacon, peas, stuffing. And of course the best bit, cranberry sauce.
Desert I'm not sure, just something bought like a black forest gateau :)

We're at the in-laws. They usually do a seafood starter, then turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese and lots of veg. Pudding is usually trifle and chocolate log.

I'm veggie so I usually have melon for starter then I've made a roasted squash, chestnut, cranberry and Wensleydale wellington

We're at the in-laws. They usually do a seafood starter, then turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese and lots of veg. Pudding is usually trifle and chocolate log.

I'm veggie so I usually have melon for starter then I've made a roasted squash, chestnut, cranberry and Wensleydale wellington
LYours sounds delish. I'm not a veggie but I do love the sound of some of the dishes. May try and make more veggie based meals in the new year!

Shellfish platter for starter

Turkey, gammon, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sausagemeat and herb stuffing, chestnut and cranberry stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, carrots, broccoli, gravy and of course the required sprouts.

We have an Xmas pudding and a chocolate pudding as not everyone like Xmas pudding.

Cheese and buscuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->