What are your movements like around 20 weeks?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Hi girls! I'm 20 weeks on Wednesday, and I'm really nervous about this pregnancy, I worry a lot. I had a lot of spotting early on. Didn't feel very pregnant, but then only felt pregnant when the nausea kicked in.

I felt A LOT of movement around 12 weeks. Wiggles and pops. I could drink some cold water, and I'd feel the wiggles straight away.
It was almost as if the higher baby moved up, the less I felt?

I felt some proper little nudges like the last week, but I don't get those often at all. If I have any movement, it's mostly at night. I work from home, and some of it's computer work so it's not like I'm walking about and don't notice it.

I could SEE physical movement on camera with my son at 21/22 weeks, which isn't that far away. I can't remember how often I was feeling him, but I thought it was more than this?

I'm also worried maybe I've just put on too much weight this time? I feel like my boobs and belly have just gathered lots of weight really early on? My boobs were never this huge until much later in pregnancy, and since yesterday I've been absolutely MASSIVE on my tummy.
Maybe having more weight than I had on me last time isn't helping me feel baby as much?!

Just feel a bit crap about putting weight on so early :( Like a lot more than I had planned to.

I felt quite bit a bit like you earlier on, 14 weeks roughly starting feeling things but I feel although the movement's have grown stronger that they are less frequent, sometimes I can go all day and not feel anything. The sonographer confirmed that my placenta is in front this time, so that explains why.
Maybe yours is similar?

By 17 weeks i started feeling the flutters and they were irregular, however, by 20 weeks they became stronger at slecific times

I had good muscle tone before my 1st pregnancy and I was a stone lighter so I’m hoping I just can’t feel as much because of a bit of extra fat!
Morning sickness was only calmed by eating a lot and coke really relieved it ��

I do think the placenta may be blocking movement lower right at the front. I don’t feel movement there ever. Hoping that’s all it is. I just want my scan on Wednesday to hurry!

I can hear more movement on my Doppler, so I’m just like why can’t I feel it? I can’t hear anything but a whooshing noise where I suspect my placenta is sitting. Hoping they’re just facing away from my belly?

I have an anterior placenta and only just started feeling her this week. It’s everyday but not regular, sometimes nothing until night, some days she moves a lot. They’re kicks and occasionally I feel pressure that’s her rolling I think.

I'm in the same boat. I felt the baby a lot early on, but the last couple weeks, I feel like I'm not feeling as often.

I think it really depends on where baby is sitting too. Baby was breech at my 20 week scan and I had been feeling a lot of movement low down, but I also have an anterior placenta. At around 22 weeks I was feeling less movement but it was really high up, so I suspected baby had flipped to head down. Ultrasound at 23 weeks confirmed that he was head down. Now I'm back to feeling lots of movement low down again. So I only feel movement really high or low and much less when hes head down. I know it's hard not to worry, but chances are everything is ok!

My guess on where the placenta is sitting was right! Anterior placenta, towards the right hand side. His head (he's a boy!) was towards the right and his feet towards the left, and tbf I've been actually feeling him a lot more over night (couldn't sleep, he seemed to be awake on and off all night!) and this morning I'm feeling a lot of stretches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->